Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't be serious.

I've read that Tesla is a company similar to GM, producing cars slightly inferior to Ford Taurus.

Yes, the Taurus is clearly a superior car for most people who don't need a car to compensate their shortcomings or make them feel important. Takes them from point A to Point B, saves between $40K and $100K that they can spend towards more important things in life than impressing strangers.

Have you seen the guys that drive exotic sports cars, yellow convertibles, white M3s, fancy rims, fancy doors, fancy speakers, guys who name their cars, call them their "baby", all to impress the opposite sex? And still wonder why no self respecting woman would be with them.

My own truck cost me $31K new. Nothing fancy, just comfortable, reliable, basic transportation. Keeps me warm in winter, AC is nice and cold in summer, takes me to work, helps me take my 4yr old and 2yrd old girls to school/daycare, trips with all 4 to the smokey nmountains, some lake, any beach, whatever we need and whereever we need to go. No fancy doors that open themselevs, no fancy windows that tint themselves, no fancy 62345 way adjustable seats, no fancy spekers that call my name every 30 seconds or tell me how super fantastic awesome I am.

My apologies if my idea of a superior car does not match yours.

Considering how much time spent online I wonder if even seen a Taurus in person? I rarely comment because I have a life outside internet forums.

My own truck cost me $31K new. Nothing fancy, just comfortable, reliable, basic transportation. Keeps me warm in winter, AC is nice and cold in summer, takes me to work, helps me take my 4yr old and 2yrd old girls to school/daycare, trips with all 4 to the smokey nmountains, some lake, any beach, whatever we need and whereever we need to go. No fancy doors that open themselevs, no fancy windows that tint themselves, no fancy 62345 way adjustable seats, no fancy spekers that call my name every 30 seconds or tell me how super fantastic awesome I am.
My truck is a 19 year old dump truck with a 12,000 GVWR that cost me $6500. Can plow snow and haul just about anything you want to throw on it. My other vehicle is an MS. Having owned many other vehicles in between, some of which I purchased site unseen for less than I've spent on bicycles, the MS is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. And no, I never once considered the purchase to be a "compensation" of anything or to attract the opposite sex.

He can't be serious.

I've read that Tesla is a company similar to GM, producing cars slightly inferior to Ford Taurus.
You are on quite a roll. You have at least one troll foaming. :cool:

Twenty five years ago I considered a Ford Taurus SHO. But I came to my senses when I reminded myself of the four cylinder Ford Taurus I had owned previously. The Ford dealer didn't even want to take it as a tradein it was so bad and no one wanted them. Hopefully Ford isn't still making pure dreck like that anymore. Thankfully my taste in automobiles (and ability to buy the best) has become a lot more refined in the past few years.

I rarely comment because I have a life outside internet forums.

wow ! you have such a superior car and great life.

I agree with your post... it indeed sounds like you should spend MUCH more time outside of this forum, instead of with all the TSLA & Tesla owning losers here.

Bye !

Update: added "MUCH"

The SCTY restructuring restores my faith that it'll be a net good decision for Tesla in the end. Moving SCTY to a low acquisition cost model--away from SCTY hard door to door sales culture, into more passive Tesla sales culture--will allow the companies to mesh better and reduce the cash drain / risk of having SCTY on board.

If all SCTY does is manufacture and provide super-cheap, world class solar panels to Tesla infrastructure, along with passive sales to customers who want to join in on the fun, they'll be a good asset to Tesla.

You didn't think Elon was going to be all over this kind of stuff? It feels a lot like 'preparation' for making the merger seamless. By the time it happens Solar City might very well have a very Tesla-like look and feel, inside and out.

• Love
Reactions: jhm and madodel
Yes, the Taurus is clearly a superior car for most people who don't need a car to compensate their shortcomings or make them feel important. Takes them from point A to Point B, saves between $40K and $100K that they can spend towards more important things in life than impressing strangers.

Have you seen the guys that drive exotic sports cars, yellow convertibles, white M3s, fancy rims, fancy doors, fancy speakers, guys who name their cars, call them their "baby", all to impress the opposite sex? And still wonder why no self respecting woman would be with them.

Considering how much time spent online I wonder if even seen a Taurus in person? I rarely comment because I have a life outside internet forums.

....And the truth comes out. We are all *ssholes for owning an expensive car. Thanks and goodbye.

My truck is a 19 year old dump truck with a 12,000 GVWR that cost me $6500. Can plow snow and haul just about anything you want to throw on it. My other vehicle is an MS. Having owned many other vehicles in between, some of which I purchased site unseen for less than I've spent on bicycles, the MS is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. And no, I never once considered the purchase to be a "compensation" of anything or to attract the opposite sex.

Pfft! I drive a 15 year old mini van that I paid $1800 for 5 years ago. It can carry MonroeSS kids to all the same places, and I can remove the seats and carry a whole bunch of IKEA or dogs or lumber and still have an empty roof rack. And yes, I've plowed snow with it - not necessarily because I wanted to. And while it does have power windows and doors, my other vehicle has handcrank windows. :eek: My next vehicle is going to be a Model 3. At this time I'm not looking to attract the opposite sex (clearly, ie. the minivan), but it's nice to know I could if I wanted or needed to, no?

Brantse and Krugerrand, My comment wasn't directed at either of you or AustinEv who I have come to respect the many times a week I visit this forum. It was directed at those who treat other cars or the people who aspire to own them as worthless. A new Ford may not be up to your standards but most people driving around in 15 year old money pits would absolutely love a new Ford, any new Ford even the cheapest Fiesta. If you go back and read my comments to October 2014, you will realize that it didn't start this way and absolutely didn't have to end this way. Peace.

Brantse and Krugerrand, My comment wasn't directed at either of you or AustinEv who I have come to respect the many times a week I visit this forum. It was directed at those who treat other cars or the people who aspire to own them as worthless. A new Ford may not be up to your standards but most people driving around in 15 year old money pits would absolutely love a new Ford, any new Ford even the cheapest Fiesta. If you go back and read my comments to October 2014, you will realize that it didn't start this way and absolutely didn't have to end this way. Peace.
It's not about people's standards, it's about pure, objective betterness.

The model S, X, and presumably the 3 are objectively better than the competition. They are safer, they are more efficient, they are higher performance, and most importantly they are the ONLY vehicles offered that have over the air updates. The technological advantage is massive even when you igore the OTAs.

You are undoubtedly already thinking of responding with some variation of "but not everyone cares about that." That's both true, and it's irrelevant. The Amish don't care about any of the things being discussed, but that doesn't mean they are correct or optimal, they have other motivational considerations at play. That's no different than people who will choose a sub optimal decision for any other number of reasons.

You recently posted some long screed about how "we just don't know yet" on model 3. It boiled down to a list of "but what if (something with <1% probability of happening) or (something else with similar odds) happen. Can't say I see the point of such an argument, it's just being pedantic for the sake of it. Same as this current argument.
That's what's getting you so much blow back here lately. It's causing people to mistakenly label you a troll, rather than you just being seen as someone needlessly digging in on a pedantic argument.

The model 3 is objectively a better vehicle and better offering than the Bolt with all known data as well as historical precedent. (No, the model 3 won't have lower than advertised range, or higher than advertised price. There is nothing in Tesla's history to suggest that those things would happen).
Some people will still buy the Bolt for various reasons, but that's irrelevant. Model 3 will be the market share leader, and in terms of preorder volume and the effect on prius, leaf, volt, etc., it already is.

Last edited:

A "superior car" does not unnecessarily pollute the atmosphere (based on century old technology), and contribute towards worldwide unrest by requiring fuel based on limited petroleum resources. Anyone who really cares about their children's future is aggressively pro electric vehicle, and solar produced power to operate it (to the extent that it's possible). Superior technology is now in our hands. Some are taking that ball and running with it. Others are playing with it on the sidelines, asking to be taken seriously. Just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.