Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: why people you acts like this? If you can't trade - please don't.
if someone offers some help - just say "thank you".

You have not yet provided anything of value to warrant thanks. Your posts are complete mumbo-jumbo where a 20 point rise or a 20-point drop equally "prove" your statements.

If you provide a proven trading history, you could be taken more seriously. But, as of now, nothing you post is even remotely tradeable.

(And enough with the smileys, please. It only makes the posts more obnoxious.)

I think so. So, the dilution ended up being 2.5% instead of the original 1.6%.

Does anyone understand exactly how this plays out? I mean, are those 3.1 million shares held by some institutional investors now, or are they already being traded in the market? If latter, then the float of available shares for trading probably increased a bit more than 2.5%, may be by 4%. Thanks in advance!

I see a headline on msn.com that says "Market down 358 points on oil fears". So are we going to be going up and down until most people figure out the inevitable - that we leave it in the ground and that electric vehicles are the next step in transportation?

:(

edit: why people you acts like this? If you can't trade - please don't.
if someone offers some help - just say "thank you".
:)

Tomorrow is possible big move. Friday. End of week....

Wait! Don't tell me you have a ... gasp ... CALENDAR!!! ? :scared:

@Mods: Sorry for the snark. Just could not bear this anymore. So, please feel free to dump it where the sun won't shine, this week :redface:

I see a headline on msn.com that says "Market down 358 points on oil fears". So are we going to be going up and down until most people figure out the inevitable - that we leave it in the ground and that electric vehicles are the next step in transportation?

My apologies to the market at large. It must be my fault -- I got me a fine electric car, costing next to nothing to fill up, and this week, WHAM, the price of gasoline drops a full currency point. Oh how far my old car could have run on that. :mad: (Apart from oil changes and assorted other ICE necessities.)

Just please understand I wanted to help. also I'm polish from Poland / Europe - makes difficulties in communication despite I try my best.
I'm HUGE fan of Tesla but all of you have to undestand that stock market won't go up forever... even TSLA.
Here is 23.00 - so good night.

Same time here, so good night to you too, highend.
I agree, no stock will rise forever, in the short term. :confused:
Still, it seems to me that what you have been trying to communicate is some kind of tech analysis - for which there is an other thread here, to which you have been repeatedly directed. Perhaps the antagonism you may encounter here can be explained by that mis-alignment? <-- That said entirely without any snark or ill-will.
I wish you good luck. In fact, I may even follow your path (for some part of the way) especially if/when you deign to divulge Teh Big Secret.

Good night again, good Knight. :love:

In days like today, I just feel like nothing can lift TSLA again...
Maybe this report will help?

And any positive MX news...

In the mean time, we just follow Nasdaq. So depressing...

I don't know if CR's report will lift the stock or not. CR was very positive in their teaser. That said, their 0-60 runs came in at 3.5 seconds. I can see a scenario of FUD articles about that 0-60 time (despite it being normal for cars to be a few ticks slower in CR's testing than manufacturer's numbers), including articles falsely suggesting a conflict between CR and Tesla. While Elon loves CR (he's said so), he loves accuracy as well, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him reaffirming the 0-60 time, perhaps offering an explanation of how CR came to a different number. Will any of this move the stock with the report? Don't know, but if this plays out with a bunch of additional stories about the Model S and 2.8, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.5 seconds mentioned, I think it will sell more cars.

Cr testing is always slower than everyone else. They tested the hellcat at 4.3 0-60, for example.

I knew it's normal for CR numbers to be slower, as I mentioned, though I figured it was vs manufacturer number. By "everyone else", I take it you mean the auto magazines? In any event. as I stated before if we do see such FUD articles it will be despite it being normal that CR came up with slower numbers. FUD actively ignores such facts.

I don't know if CR's report will lift the stock or not. CR was very positive in their teaser. That said, their 0-60 runs came in at 3.5 seconds. I can see a scenario of FUD articles about that 0-60 time (despite it being normal for cars to be a few ticks slower in CR's testing than manufacturer's numbers), including articles falsely suggesting a conflict between CR and Tesla. While Elon loves CR (he's said so), he loves accuracy as well, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him reaffirming the 0-60 time, perhaps offering an explanation of how CR came to a different number. Will any of this move the stock with the report? Don't know, but if this plays out with a bunch of additional stories about the Model S and 2.8, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.5 seconds mentioned, I think it will sell more cars.

My sense is that the CR report will have around 0 effect on TSLA, because all the media oxygen is being consumed by panicked stories about a looming China disaster. The P85D is old news at this point. People generally love the car, and it provides plenty of thrills regardless of some ultimately meaningless dispute over an acceleration spec.

Macroeconomic climate and Model X are far more important IMO. TSLA will go up if Model X news is positive. TSLA will plunge if there are more Model X delays that threaten meeting guidance.

A clot of posts has been moved to TSLA Technical Analysis

Folks, please DO use the report function. Both Audie and I have real jobs and, therefore, it takes us some time to read the scores of new posts added each day. OTOH, when you report something it generates an email that we see promptly and can spur us to action sooner.

Robert,

Recently I noticed a "related" / recommended thread which has been defunct since December 2014 entitled Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements. What was the purpose of that thread & why was it discontinued?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 476
Robert,

Recently I noticed a "related" / recommended thread which has been defunct since December 2014 entitled Short Term TSLA Social Chat (paraphrased.) What was the purpose of that thread & why was it discontinued?

Obviously not Robert here but I think I can answer your question. At one time there was both a 'Short Term Investment' and a 'Short Term Social Chat' thread. The theory was all the chit chat might go in 'social' to keep the real 'ST Investment Thread' to posts that were concise and relevant to the share price short term....Analysts reports, CR or other magazine reviews, news from TM about upgrades.......Unfortunately the ST Investor Thread became a 'catch all' anyway, like it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.