Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep those shares warm and safe. If these shares reach the potential that I believe they'll reach, I won't care if I saved a dollar or ten on them.

Almost everytime I've tried to do what you're doing, I've gotten caught by some damn unexpected announcement by Elon :) that shot shares straight up, so now I just buy and hold. And buy more.

Exactly! Besides, I want to make sure that I am in long term gains territory when it turns into my 10 bagger. There was so much lamenting about selling and not being able to get back in just a month or so ago. Maybe we need a short term memory thread...

Odd. What makes you think that my response about being a patriot and not about making money? My response was about buying up shares for a long-term view regarding Tesla's growth. Nothing emotional about that.

my position started from 172, if i think the stock will go to at least 134 if not more than that, why would i need to take the hit all the way down?
i will be looking to get back to tesla but not willing to pay premium for that luxury

This is a comment from GS in the article. Notice that the 5500 cars were referred to as "shipments" and not as delivered and sold. Could they have misinterpreted the meaning?

"Shares sold off sharply in the aftermarket as Tesla shipments of 5,500 were significantly short of the close to 7,000 that some articles had cited as being implied by VIN numbers which we believe had run up the shares in recent days," said Archambault. "Shipments were, however, above Tesla's original 3Q guidance of 5,000 and, in this context, we view the results as relatively good, with gross margin ex ZEV credits reaching 20% from 14% last quarter."

If you are long TSLA in the long term, why sell at all? Buy shares on the run down all the way down and lower your break even point. Days like today are EXACTLY when you should be increasing your long position, not selling out like all of the other traders.

If you are long TSLA in the long term, why sell at all? Buy shares on the run down all the way down and lower your break even point. Days like today are EXACTLY when you should be increasing your long position, not selling out like all of the other traders.

My thoughts exactly. Even if I sold now I would still be taking a big short term capital gain tax hit. I'm in for the long haul.

I just posted this on the long-term section but I tink this might boost the stock short-term.
http://www.autoworldnews.com/articl...0-percent-in-effort-to-stem-air-pollution.htm

"China Cuts New Car Sales by 40 Percent To Stem Air Pollution
The new regulations will favor electric vehicles and other green technologies in the hopes of stemming the country's worsening smog problems"

Since I follow the solar sector alot I know that China are doing alot to fight pollution, and this proves it. I see no problem for Tesla getting in on the market now. The good thing as that this is a strong government who want change and they can do what they want.

I think this really will put the demand sky-high in China for many years, and they will probably have waitinglists longer then Norway!

my position started from 172, if i think the stock will go to at least 134 if not more than that, why would i need to take the hit all the way down?
i will be looking to get back to tesla but not willing to pay premium for that luxury

I hear you on this. I think it's very easy for people to say "buy and hold" and "I'm buying more" or throw out terms like "weak longs" etc when a lot of their base position was bought in the 20s, 30s, and even 50s then the stock rockets all the way to 170+ then drops to the 150s after earnings.

There are people out there (me included) who are very very bullish about Tesla the company in the long term but trade TSLA based on the short term movements and have gotten in and out at various price points looking to make profits along the way.

I wish I had extra money in my brokerage account..I would dump it all right now! Do you honestly think we won't be back to 180s in 6+ months? Cmon man! Giga factory my god this is going to be huge. I really believe battery tech is the future!

I've been long since Jan, 2013. Bought another $10k worth at $146.3, which I had more to spend but I set limits on myself.

I hear you on this. I think it's very easy for people to say "buy and hold" and "I'm buying more" or throw out terms like "weak longs" etc when a lot of their base position was bought in the 20s, 30s, and even 50s then the stock rockets all the way to 170+ then drops to the 150s after earnings.

There are people out there (me included) who are very very bullish about Tesla the company in the long term but trade TSLA based on the short term movements and have gotten in and out at various price points looking to make profits along the way.

100+

Status
Not open for further replies.