Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah here we go.

I really thought that Elon's comments about the stock being clearly overvalued or at least that a lot of future thing were already priced in would put a damper on things. It is actually one of the few things that has really got me seriously considering exiting my position for now.

so the question is can we hold this ATH or are we going to see a pull back into the 150s again? possibly on TSLA tuesday?
As been pointed out before this stock liked to stay within its moving averages as of late as well spend about 2 trading wees in each level, which we blew through the 150 level to quickly.

So sell now and wait for a dip to grab up again? or hold on for the ride?

so the question is can we hold this ATH or are we going to see a pull back into the 150s again? possibly on TSLA tuesday?
As been pointed out before this stock liked to stay within its moving averages as of late as well spend about 2 trading wees in each level, which we blew through the 150 level to quickly.

So sell now and wait for a dip to grab up again? or hold on for the ride?

My take:

I pointed out yesterday that we've only spent approximately 3 days *collectively* in the 150s. From my understanding when the price was ~159.5 there was some institutional buy-ins which pushed it to the new ATH of 161.88. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like any other institutions had the hard limit of 160 before buying in. now we're just free-floating at the 161 level... and i dont really know what to say about the near future.

Annddd as i was typing this we have another new ATH.

This is what I am looking at:

Aug23_chart2.JPG

There is no reason to try to time an "exit" today, we seem to be set for a 2-3 week run up (which I have posted before). It is happening slightly faster than I anticipated, but I will not complain about that. We are about halfway into this run, then I would say it is getting toppy, but we aren't near there yet.

Could we have a scenario where institutional investors provide just enough price support to keep the closing price at 161.88 for the next 20 days? Then we'd see the stock around 161 with run-ups to 161.88 at the close of trading every day, with occasional bear raids knocking down the price intra-day. Do the institutions have the power to pull this off?

Market is moving higher, TSLA has the wind at its back.
Anyone else think this could be related to China? First day they took orders in Mainland China was yesterday. Caused some news in Mainland China.
Imagine yourself in the shoes of some high flying Chinese multi-millionaires and billionaires if they just stumbled upon Tesla for the first time yesterday from the Mainland China news...they do a little research on the Internet and see all the recent headlines (safest car in world, highest consumer reports score, stock soaring, headed by mythical Tony Stark figure, etc.)...next is they buy the stock in their offshore accounts (every super wealthy person in China has offshore wealth but middle class it is hard for them to take their wealth into other currencies)...

Since $184 seems like it may be coming at some point does anyone know when the warrants that Tesla sold expire?

For Curt or any knowledgeable individual....the convertible shares that would be granted are hedged by some complex - vampire-squid developed options strategy so they would be non-dilutive.(?) My thought is that they won't risk it bumping around at 161.88...they will pump it up to the mid 160s to low 170s so they have some cushion (As I write this I sound as if I am wearing a tinfoil hat to prevent them from reading my thoughts). I'm not sure the impact if you have a few million shares in the hands of a group of new owners - do they cash them in at the earliest opportunity, or does the stock go up dramatically when the street recognizes that TESLA just wiped off hundreds of millions of dollars off it's balance sheet with one transaction???

Anyone else think this could be related to China? First day they took orders in Mainland China was yesterday. Caused some news in Mainland China.
Imagine yourself in the shoes of some high flying Chinese multi-millionaires and billionaires if they just stumbled upon Tesla for the first time yesterday from the Mainland China news...they do a little research on the Internet and see all the recent headlines (safest car in world, highest consumer reports score, stock soaring, headed by mythical Tony Stark figure, etc.)...next is they buy the stock in their offshore accounts (every super wealthy person in China has offshore wealth but middle class it is hard for them to take their wealth into other currencies)...

Meh. Looks technical to me. Aided by the crash test coverage. We'll know for sure if we reverse at the top of the channel.

Wow amazing run again. Incredible strength! Has anyone seen anything like this? up 400% in 5 months and refuse to buckle down?

Citron now realized he can't pull off another short raid like a few weeks ago:

CitronResearch.com Citron Chimes in on Tesla Motors

Why you must be smarter than Carl Icahn, Warren Buffett, Elon Musk, and Goldman Sachs.
Citron is completely amazed at the torrent of correspondence we received from investors over the past two weeks, since we announced on Twitter that we are initiating a short position on Tesla. But instead of breaking down the numbers which have been done by every blogger in the blogosphere, we thought we would add some simple common sense to the conversation.

Investors does not even pay attention what the guy is trying to convey his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.