Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Request Response Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a cracked rear wheel, 21" Turbine, and put in a Service Request to get a price on a replacement wheel or 2. Exactly how long does it take to reply to my request with a price, it will be going on 4 days now.

Is this the norm? surely there must be a number I can call to get a response straight away, Customer Support said they can only try to hurry it along (whatever that means).

My car has been off the road all week and I can't even get a simple answer to the question. They want $9.5K for 4 wheels and tyres according to their website (but this is not available in any case) my tires are fine and only one rim is needing replacement.

Do I just go with aftermarket, although anyone I speak to laughs when I ask for 21" Staggered Rims - just not a done thing. I'm seriously thinking of dropping back to 19" square so I have more options.

I have a cracked rear wheel, 21" Turbine, and put in a Service Request to get a price on a replacement wheel or 2. Exactly how long does it take to reply to my request with a price, it will be going on 4 days now.

Is this the norm? surely there must be a number I can call to get a response straight away, Customer Support said they can only try to hurry it along (whatever that means).

My car has been off the road all week and I can't even get a simple answer to the question. They want $9.5K for 4 wheels and tyres according to their website (but this is not available in any case) my tires are fine and only one rim is needing replacement.

Do I just go with aftermarket, although anyone I speak to laughs when I ask for 21" Staggered Rims - just not a done thing. I'm seriously thinking of dropping back to 19" square so I have more options.
19s makes life easier long term on a model S but if you have the time to check thoroughly for a set of second hand model S 21s you may get lucky. I seen sets of 4 go for as low as free, of course it’s sure be an interstate sale so be prepared for freight costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockford
Only issue is I am sort of obligated to buying a replacement then, and if they come back with some silly pricing on the wheels. I'd rather just go 19" all round.
In my experience Tesla doesn’t work like that. I’m fairly sure they will be happy to give you pricing for both and let you decide.
Last year I damaged one of my standard 19” Model S wheels and a replacement was $660 including GST.

Reactions: paulp