Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September/October waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Deposit put down on a Midnight Silver Inventory MYP in Honolulu on Sept 11 same day as test driving a MYP at the Tesla showroom. Discount over 5k off. With the 7.5k tax credit and self referral, I will be at 41k and change. Thrilled about the deal.
FSD transfer started from a 2020 MYLR to this.
Estimated delivery Sept 26 or 27

Confused, I contacted Tesla and pointed out that this was supposed to be an inventory car that was here per the sales advisor I worked with. They looked up the car and could not tell me where it was. They told me to just wait and be patient.

Waited until Sept 26 with no changes or updates so I contacted Tesla again, concerned about the FSD transfer delivery requirement of taking delivery by Sept 30. They looked up my car and said they did not know where it was still. I asked to switch to a different car and they offered me a red one for 7k more despite a 1k “showroom adjustment” that might or might not arrive by the 30th. I declined.

Sept 27th, I went in to the show room to talk with somebody. Was told it was literally arriving on Oahu at the moment and was just needed to be unloaded and prepped for delivery. Small chance it would be ready for delivery on Saturday the 30th and to just wait for Tesla to contact me.

App showed a change to a mid-October delivery estimate.

Friday Sept 29 contacted Tesla to get an update on whether the car was going to be ready for Saturday and was told “It’s sailing across the ocean!”. Wait, what?! It’s not even here??

I started reading and hearing that Tesla was going to honor the FSD transfer past the deadline so I didn’t cancel and start attempting a chargeback for the deposit.

October 5th, for fun I contacted Tesla to see what was going on with my car. “It is on a boat getting ready to ship to Oahu”. Remember that a week ago it was supposedly already being shipped across the ocean…. At that point all I could do was laugh.

I figured the next time I checked in with Tesla they would tell me the car was being assembled. But no, on Oct 6 I got a message saying the car was ready to have the actual delivery scheduled. I was shocked. Scheduled for Friday the 13th.

Yesterday on the 8th I went in to the showroom to talk with a rep to make sure everything was all set. They were able to change my delivery to Thursday the 12th which worked better with my work schedule and transportation logistics. They were also able to look up my files and after a bunch of discussion amongst themselves they figured out that the FSD transfer was indeed showing up in my files and would go through after all. They said it was going to be their first post-Sept 30 FSD transfer delivery vehicle but that everything looked good at their end.

I still half-expect a major problem on Thursday when I show up to pick up the car. Either no car, the wrong car, or a car that has been dropped in the ocean and then fished back out. We shall see.

-Paul

Deposit put down on a Midnight Silver Inventory MYP in Honolulu on Sept 11 same day as test driving a MYP at the Tesla showroom. Discount over 5k off. With the 7.5k tax credit and self referral, I will be at 41k and change. Thrilled about the deal.
FSD transfer started from a 2020 MYLR to this.
Estimated delivery Sept 26 or 27

Confused, I contacted Tesla and pointed out that this was supposed to be an inventory car that was here per the sales advisor I worked with. They looked up the car and could not tell me where it was. They told me to just wait and be patient.

Waited until Sept 26 with no changes or updates so I contacted Tesla again, concerned about the FSD transfer delivery requirement of taking delivery by Sept 30. They looked up my car and said they did not know where it was still. I asked to switch to a different car and they offered me a red one for 7k more despite a 1k “showroom adjustment” that might or might not arrive by the 30th. I declined.

Sept 27th, I went in to the show room to talk with somebody. Was told it was literally arriving on Oahu at the moment and was just needed to be unloaded and prepped for delivery. Small chance it would be ready for delivery on Saturday the 30th and to just wait for Tesla to contact me.

App showed a change to a mid-October delivery estimate.

Friday Sept 29 contacted Tesla to get an update on whether the car was going to be ready for Saturday and was told “It’s sailing across the ocean!”. Wait, what?! It’s not even here??

I started reading and hearing that Tesla was going to honor the FSD transfer past the deadline so I didn’t cancel and start attempting a chargeback for the deposit.

October 5th, for fun I contacted Tesla to see what was going on with my car. “It is on a boat getting ready to ship to Oahu”. Remember that a week ago it was supposedly already being shipped across the ocean…. At that point all I could do was laugh.

I figured the next time I checked in with Tesla they would tell me the car was being assembled. But no, on Oct 6 I got a message saying the car was ready to have the actual delivery scheduled. I was shocked. Scheduled for Friday the 13th.

Yesterday on the 8th I went in to the showroom to talk with a rep to make sure everything was all set. They were able to change my delivery to Thursday the 12th which worked better with my work schedule and transportation logistics. They were also able to look up my files and after a bunch of discussion amongst themselves they figured out that the FSD transfer was indeed showing up in my files and would go through after all. They said it was going to be their first post-Sept 30 FSD transfer delivery vehicle but that everything looked good at their end.

I still half-expect a major problem on Thursday when I show up to pick up the car. Either no car, the wrong car, or a car that has been dropped in the ocean and then fished back out. We shall see.

-Paul

Quite the roller coaster ride! Keep us updated on what happens and post some photos! With my own delivery it was delayed twice...it's sort of par for the course! But worth the wait!

Will be curious to know when they switch to the 2024 MY in the VIN. Last year it was ~ 3rd week of October. My car was built Oct 14, 2022 and was still a 2022 MY. When I picked my car up Oct 28th there was a mix of 2022 and 2023's ready for delivery.
The 10th digit in the VIN would be a "Q" for 2024. Currently a "P" for 2023.
Q is skipped; 2024 models are designated with R. Already started from Berlin, but not Shanghai yet.

OD 10th October
VIN received 14th October
EDD initially given as October 17-26
Delivery Appointment offered on the app on 17th Oct - earliest slot 21st Oct taken.
Location - San Diego
LR - White ext Black Int - 5 seater

Received the car yesterday (10/21) on planned appointment. Very busy delivery center / showroom but all went smoothly and I drove off the lot with a big smile. Good luck to all others waiting for their delivery.

Reactions: DarrenHD and MYnate
Is anyone here leasing your Tesla? Seems you can get this new $7500 lease incentive for delivery after 10/14.
teslaleaseincentive.png