Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensationalistic titles with no content/censorship

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The decision of the umpire is final. If you don't like it go to another forum.

That is rather unwarranted. I've already told you that you win and that I realize I can only dissent. I'm still posting on-topic in the threads that were created for the topic and the suggestion brianman put out there. It's not like I'm spamming or posting on every thread, and I'm still keeping the conversation civil.

Please read the posts first: the suggestion was made by dsm363 that the forum go completely unmoderated for a while, as if the members are somehow ignorant of the outcome and it will somehow show us the light. No one has suggested the forum go completely unmoderated, so even suggesting as such demonstrates that the point of view isn't understood. All I'm asking for is that you understand my point of view.

I've received a great amount of feedback since last night -- some via PM's, one via (positive) reputation comment, and some via private e-mail. I take every bit of feedback to heart. I'm asking you to do the same. If you don't understand why this is a big deal to me, then reach out to me privately so I can put my experience on the table and how I perceived it. If you choose to ignore that, it is indeed your call.

Wow, that was rather harsh. Flasher contributes quite a bit of usefull info to this forum, telling someone like him to go elsewhere because he criticized a few with authority is pretty chicken $hit.

Sorry if I posted that in frustration. Look, we appreciate any and all feedback, but you made your point a long time ago. You don't have to keep hammering on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that was rather harsh. Flasher contributes quite a bit of usefull info to this forum, telling someone like him to go elsewhere because he criticized a few with authority is pretty chicken $hit.

Feedback is great. Message was received. But to keep pounding on it is a bit much, and is very frustrating for the volunteers trying to keep this forum going.

Yes, FlasherZ has posted a lot of good content to the forums, and that is certainly appreciated. But he also implied last night that the moderators were covering up a safety issue because they are shareholders, which is false on both counts not to mention uncalled for.

I'm sorry, but this is much ado about nothing. I know that FlasherZ is trying to right about something, but he's wrong. While brianman's suggestion to "add transparency" is appreciated, it's uninformed. This forum is about as open as they get. We hardly delete anything.

I edited Doug_G's post because I thought what he said could be said more politely, but he is basically right. Many things come down to a judgement call and you can't please all the people all the time.

Calling someone's integrity into question is a good way to piss someone off, which is what I believe I'm seeing in this thread. If you have a problem with moderator action, bring it up directly with me.

Sorry if I posted that in frustration. Look, we appreciate any and all feedback, but you made your point a long time ago. You don't have to keep hammering on it.

I can only try to explain it in a different way when I see a response that indicates you didn't understand my point in the first place (e.g., leaving the entire board unmoderated). The thread could have died a long time ago if understanding of my position was shown, rather than it devolving into how much time someone puts into the board, or accusations of grandstanding, etc. There's a lot being resolved through PM's this morning on it, and I'm satisfied that some of those who didn't understand last night indeed do understand the concerns of safety and optics.

I hesitate to reply to this heated thread as a newer member. I like the group hug! I wonder, and do not need to know the decision, if where Flasher is a long term contributing member and this is a hot button topic for him if it might have been acceptable to pm him with the original post so he could have understood that no info was truly given. Thanks, and I don't want to inflame this already inflammatory line. I was good with the information that the moderators gave; but this is not one of my hot buttons.

Feedback is great. Message was received. But to keep pounding on it is a bit much, and is very frustrating for the volunteers trying to keep this forum going.

Yes, FlasherZ has posted a lot of good content to the forums, and that is certainly appreciated. But he also implied last night that the moderators were covering up a safety issue because they are shareholders, which is false on both counts not to mention uncalled for.
I agree this is a dead horse and this needed to stop quite a while ago. There is also something very fishy with what happened with that post. It's very odd that a poster that was unusually positive in the past would not think before posting such a post with no information to back it up, especially when it seemed from the post everything was ok.

I can agree with both viewpoints here. It would be a very tough decision to be a mod in this scenario where you have to make a quick decision, as any and all negative stuff(whether true or not) can be picked up by the parties that have a vested interest in EV's failing.

Last edited:
So let me explain what "in moderation" means. "In moderation" means that a post is held for moderators to review. For example, new member posts are automatically put in moderation if they contain certain spammy keywords. If there is a questionable post, a mod is also able to manually place it in moderation. This most often happens with trolling or subtle spam. This is not deletion. It frees the mod from having to make a snap judgment and gives him/her the opportunity to discuss it with other mods if necessary. Though it's a lot of work, I believe this is a system that works fairly well.

There is no point in accusing moderators of a Tesla Motors "enthusiasts & owner forum" of being TM cheerleaders. Would anyone prefer this forum to be run and moderated by people with indifferent or negative attitude towards TM? Plus, there is more than enough past evidence of moderators reporting negative facts, experiences, and opinions in their relationship with TM themselves.

This is my firm opinion and point of view.

And please nobody answer this post in an attempt to change it :tongue:

There is no point in accusing moderators of a Tesla Motors "enthusiasts & owner forum" of being TM cheerleaders. Would anyone prefer this forum to be run and moderated by people with indifferent or negative attitude towards TM? Plus, there is more than enough past evidence of moderators reporting negative facts, experiences, and opinions in their relationship with TM themselves.

This is my firm opinion and point of view.

And please nobody answer this post in an attempt to change it :tongue:

Jawohl!:smile:

No need. I'm good. I'm satisfied, and even if not, I've been beaten into submission anyway. :)

I'm glad to see you kept your sense of humor. Actually the biggest issue here was Jim (aka 1079) posting "Fire but family and car ok" in the battery & recharging sub-forum and then taking off. I understand you would be worried about your family, home, car etc especially with a baby in the house. None of us know what story Jim is going to tell us but he said the car is fine so I'm taking that he had some sort of electrical fire and if the car was involved i guess he wouldn't say the car is fine, but I'm digressing into speculation.

FTR, I also have a family and my car is parked and charging in my attached garage. I own some Tesla shares, but I also hold some shares in a major soft drinks and soda company which will probably do you more harm than Tesla ever will. :)

Mods-
If you see a post that can be read as a car blowing up or some other catastrophic event, please remove it until you can verify the source.
It is YOUR forum so you are free to do as you like.
Thanks -- I think you hit to the heart of it. We all know Jim to have a refreshing -- dare I say outlandish? -- sense of humor, so until we have more info about what actually occurred, and what (if any) lessons there are for other owners, it seemed rational to put the post in moderation. Otherwise, unsubstantiated rumors about the safety of the Model S will undoubtedly swirl about, which doesn't help anybody.

This is a crazy long thread, but I can see the point of both sides. FlashZ was curious about the post and noticed it essentially disappeared from the public (via moderation). I can understand why that seems like censorship and why he opposes moderation for that reason.

The mods' point is that moderation has valid uses for questionable content (mainly for reported spam or trolling and in this case a sensationalist post without much actual content).

I personally kind of side with the mods since the mods here almost NEVER delete content, not even spam (example here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...h-NYS-managing-editor-for-his-criticizing-BYD)

And I'm sure the post in question wouldn't have been an exception even if FlashZ didn't bring it up (as in the mods would have brought it back after the OP clarified his post).

If you frequent any of the news/blog sites that allow comments, the mods there will not hesitate at all to delete reported content (as well as using the ban hammer liberally).