Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have found that Fidelity, Schwab & Tastytrade all charge .65 per option traded. However Tasty is the only one that does not charge to close out a position.

Etrade drops to .50 if you do 30 trades/quarter, doesn't seem hard if you are doing weekly options (and closing for free if the option is under .10). You can game the 30 trades by selling contracts 1 at a time instead of all at once. If you have a large enough account or do a good amount of trading you can talk them down to .40. My wife was able to get Fidelity down to .40 also by complaining that I was getting that from Etrade.

Been noting the fees I pay selling covered calls on E*Trade which seem standard ish at 0.65 per contract.

Some trading platforms don’t seem to have these fees. Any comments appreciated re low cost options trading platforms.

Been looking over MooMoo for instance.
FWIW, at least for my accounts, Fidelity does not charge any fees to close out options contracts if the options are below $0.65 per ... it even gives a little popup that "This will be comission free if it executes below $0.65." Very handy for closing out those contracts on Friday instead of letting them expire for those last few pennies, and frees up being able to sell again on Friday before close.

• Informative
Reactions: sparkz
$2.5 per contract for me, same for open & close, so 100x it's $250 - I usually add/subtract a few pennies from my desired limit-price to cover it
$2.95 per contract for me per contract for me (or $0.0295 if you will), with the exception that closing a position when the premium is $0.10 or less there is no charge. In other words, when my sold options expire worthless I can close them out without extra transaction costs.

(Does not apply when I want to BTO shitcalls for $0.1 or lower, then they do charge $0.0295 and that is why shitcalls are not that helpful for me: i pay nearly 30% in transaction costs when opening a position. I therefore prefer to swing trade with longer dated calls whenever I think a bottom is formed)

Reactions: Max Plaid
first trade of the day BTO/STC SMCI C800 (2/23) brought $8.03. Now waiting for new entry either side.
Seem to be right to have called $TSLA> 200 "within 2 days" and $175 definitive bottom, but you can only be sure after a long while, so do not trust me on saying anything right. I love the transparency of SMCI far better. FOMO-ers stepping in "because they missed the first jump" and ready to be slaughtered if not out in time. (I guess for now down in the morning and back up in the afternoon seems to be the pattern (against the pattern of last week))

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBooster
BTC short puts at $197, if it closes candles over $198 I'll consider reselling for ride over $200

1708526939128.png