Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW SPX looks very bad, double topping possible (what can turn out to be the cup-part of a cup and handle later, so don't despair yet)
I have stop looking at chart to identified cup or handles or Kibble or anything.

Whenever I have a loosing trade all I see is a middle finger. On a winning trade a Thumb up. So confusing….

BTO a few 2/16 +275c

Gambling on sentiment changing before Q4 earnings. Especially as the idea of gross margins stabilizing sets in.
Not feeling it, tbh. I think WS needs to be shown the money before the sentiment changes, 2x so given next week's HUGE OPEX with MP now at $217.50 (although $230 looks to be a better target to me)

That being said, could rebound hard if margins have improved and outlook is good, so I will get out of my short calls before earnings if the opportunity presents itself

Are you able to make your weekly premium om 100 contracts? do you write/close them multiple times each week? Still trying to determine the path of my errors. i usually write once a week and the close or roll for the next week. While i try to write a CC on strength, i don't open and close multiple times in a week

Are you able to make your weekly premium om 100 contracts? do you write/close them multiple times each week? Still trying to determine the path of my errors. i usually write once a week and the close or roll for the next week. While i try to write a CC on strength, i don't open and close multiple times in a week
search her posts, she has covered his here recently.

Reactions: Jim Holder
IMG_5117.jpeg

(Credit: CantoneseCat)

Reactions: DaBooster

In one of the back linked posts it was implied that while it's an IC, you play either side by selling into strength after the initial IC is opened. Do this several times a day or week. For instance, I did this yesterday. Opened and IC for next week, -p215/-c247.5 , $40 wide on on the buy side. Today I BTC the short call when we were at 226.8 or so to lock in 60%. I left all else there, will reposition by selling the same or as safely closer to the money call that I can with the original intent to hold through expiry. But if the opportunity is there, I would BTC the winning sold call ... or put.

That's my understanding.

Thx @Yoona. Looks like I should consider flip rolling 1/12 -p220/+p200 to next week call , back fill the empty call slot of a spread.
if you have fear of falling and if you think 220 is still safe, you can delta-hedge the spreads

for ex, if your total delta is +70 then short 70 shares; net delta=0

that means falling sp doesn't affect you (ignoring gamma for now, it is minor compared to delta)

buy back the shares if sp reverses (increases) again, for additional profit

if you roll, buying back the shorted shares reduces the rolling cost significantly, you could even possibly do it for credit

Last edited: