Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will have $20 in gain but your 420 CC will be $60 ITM. And you're not gonna roll that?

Ok you will have $20 to roll but how much more expensive do you think the 420 CC will be compared to the 450C? More than $20.

But you do what you do. I'm done giving advice to people.
Yes, I would roll the 420CC to Jan 2026 for what ever I could get for no debit. It looks like if I had 200CC for this week, I could roll them up 50% to 300 strike for Jan 2025. So I would hope that if my 420CC went in the money, I could roll them a year and get to a least a 500+ strike price.

Seriously though, I appreciate your continued advice on this. 🙏

stoch momentum, macd, and rsi 1hr and 4hr trend reversing to the down side. is that one composite contributing to possibility to go deeper than 223?
no. If yesterday was the high, today we're working on wave 3, the most aggressive of them.
If today was the high, then we're on wave 1. The big brother is yet to come.
EDIT: that came out wrong. But I'm leaving it as is.

Gotcha...

Everytime I look at these kinda things though I think "Well, these 10 cent options only need to go to 20 cents to double my money!" but then unless I put a crapton of $ into them I'm not making much even with 100% return.

Like... a lotto ticket is invest $5 to make $100,000 or $1,000,000 or whatever. If lotto tickets were $5 to MAYBE win $10 I don't know they'd sell many.

Mind you I say this as I'm happy enough to close weeklies mid-week for 67% return if I think there's any risk so WTF do I know?
I already closed the weeklies, same strike for 90% profit, so this is a tiny tiny placement just for daily turn around. Like I said, don’t do as I do…other than most of the time ;-)

Iron Condor at -225p/+222.5p/-245c/+247.5c is helding good. Seeing the stock just stay flat after the drop and time decaying working is a good feeling.
Will close before market close today just in case it do bounce or drop further on Friday.

Low risk Low reward but lot less stress....when Tesla drop to around $15X (yes dreaming) level I will move toward cash covered puts.

Reactions: MikeC
The drop today was over done. I think we claw back to 240 range by close as shorts cover.
I'm going join you for some cheap call spread.

1700679036569.png

The drop today was over done. I think we claw back to 240 range by close as shorts cover.
i see more of a decent head and shoulders incoming on the 5 minute chart. Neckline 231.30-ish. Head 234.82. So Friday a pattern like 231-229.5-231-226.50 or so would confirm that and be very close to 226 to leave us all gasping for air over the weekend. What should I have done on this short Friday? (remember markets close 13:00 EST!!)
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-22 om 21.11.52.png

Last edited:
Friday is a short day. I doubt SP will move much. Also likely to be low news days .... (unless there is a planned news dump event).

If I were to bet - Friday close will be around the current range - 230 to 235.
Have you all seen the volumes today for options? EV now is probably more right than me (on 226 )unless something big is happening and I do not mean the Netherlands right-wing-guy who apparently is winning the elections....

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
A news article on Tesla TA from my broker:

(CercleFinance.com) - Tesla subit un second pullback sous 243$ en 1 semaine : le titre devrait s'en aller combler le 'gap' des 225,4$ du 13/11 avant de s'en aller tester le support de 215$ (testé mi-août).

Translation:
Tesla has suffered a second pullback below $243 in 1 week: the stock should close the $225.4 gap opened on 13/11 before testing the $215 support level (tested in mid-August).

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and Nick-m
So total trades would be BTO 200X 400, and STO 400X 420. Total credit is now $10.70.

But the beauty is that if the SP is over 420 in Jan 2025, the Bull call spread now earns $18/contract ($20 minus the $2 paid to open). That gives me income for 2025, and now I'm free to roll the 420CCs to Jan 2026 for zero credit, keeping my shares and probably easily raising the strike over 500.
Interesting. So, you are earning some $10 in 2024 and $18 in 2025 (or whatever you can get on a roll if not ITM) ?

That might be better than struggling with 20 cents a week for a year ... and likely getting caught up in any SP runs. I'd consider that.

Friday is a short day. I doubt SP will move much. Also likely to be low news days .... (unless there is a planned news dump event).

If I were to bet - Friday close will be around the current range - 230 to 235.

You never know. Might be a lots of drunk people around the Holiday here doing some crazy things.

Got some cheap call spread +235c/-242.5c for 11/24 bought at 231 . Was already going green in but too slow on the finger to close in time.
Like many on here also got Puts at 225 12/08. Got both side cover if we do a quick pump then continual pullbacks on Friday.

Closed out the weekly condor and kept credit .87

Happy Holiday Guys! See you back here on Friday.

Yes, I would roll the 420CC to Jan 2026 for what ever I could get for no debit. It looks like if I had 200CC for this week, I could roll them up 50% to 300 strike for Jan 2025. So I would hope that if my 420CC went in the money, I could roll them a year and get to a least a 500+ strike price.

Seriously though, I appreciate your continued advice on this. 🙏

Related/unrelated, just came across this news article from yesterday:

TSLA Option Trade Could Unlock a 36% Annualized Profit​

“By using a combination of option strategies, we could potentially buy the stock for a significant discount, or achieve a healthy profit if the stock trades sideways.

Here’s the trade:

Sell to open the TSLA December 15 put with a strike price of $225, which was trading around $4.55 yesterday.

Then, add a bear call spread:

Sell to open the TSLA December 15 call with a strike price of $275, which was trading around $2.80 yesterday.

Buy to open the TSLA December 15 call with a strike price of $280, which was trading around $2.20 yesterday.

The sold put brings in around $455 in option premium, and the bear call spread adds another $60 in premium. In total, the combination of the two trades generates $515 in premium.

- If TSLA stock trades sideways and finishes between $225 and $275, the sold put and bear call spread will both expire worthless. The total profit will be equal to the premium received of $515.

- If TSLA falls below $225 at expiration, we will be assigned on the sold put and will be forced to buy 100 shares at $225. However, our net cost basis will be $219.85, thanks to the $515 in option premium received. That is 8.6% below the closing price on Tuesday.

- If TSLA rallies above $280, the bear call spread will suffer a full loss of $500, but this will be fully offset by the $515 premium received, leaving the trade with a small gain of $15.”

[Edit: Clearly the author doesn’t spend time here with us, they’d know $280 by 12/15 is never gonna happen nor is this setup the best use of money for playing TSLA. And 36% annualized profit from one trade lol, click-bait headline. ]

Last edited:
Related/unrelated, just came across this:

“By using a combination of option strategies, we could potentially buy the stock for a significant discount, or achieve a healthy profit if the stock trades sideways.

Here’s the trade:

Sell to open the TSLA December 15 put with a strike price of $225, which was trading around $4.55 yesterday.

Then, add a bear call spread:

Sell to open the TSLA December 15 call with a strike price of $275, which was trading around $2.80 yesterday.

Buy to open the TSLA December 15 call with a strike price of $280, which was trading around $2.20 yesterday.

The sold put brings in around $455 in option premium, and the bear call spread adds another $60 in premium. In total, the combination of the two trades generates $515 in premium.

- If TSLA stock trades sideways and finishes between $225 and $275, the sold put and bear call spread will both expire worthless. The total profit will be equal to the premium received of $515.

- If TSLA falls below $225 at expiration, we will be assigned on the sold put and will be forced to buy 100 shares at $225. However, our net cost basis will be $219.85, thanks to the $515 in option premium received. That is 8.6% below the closing price on Tuesday.

- If TSLA rallies above $280, the bear call spread will suffer a full loss of $500, but this will be fully offset by the $515 premium received, leaving the trade with a small gain of $15.”
Seem like a good plan. I added some risk management on the put side (making it a condor) and below is the cost and reward based on last price.

The call side has a .10 delta while the put side has .33 so it's more Put bias. Adding up the delta - chance of it hitting either strike is .44 (44%).

Augment this with the daily charts (adjust the leg as needed) and that can make a great play IMO.

Giving it 2-3 weeks expiration allow leg adjustment and re-centering the profit/loss.

1700689718605.png