Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Security of Phone/Card/Key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use an Apple iPhone as my key. My lounge is right next to the car on my drive.

I use the focus feature to turn my Bluetooth off between 10pm and 7am. Plus pin to drive.
As a T1 diabetic that uses bluetooth to read my blood sugar from a sensor, that's not an option. This seems better, the phone only allowing the unlock process if it' recently been in motion.

Just checked my IOS app version - its updated to 4.27.5 but hasn't prompted me for any fitness tracking, not that I want that anyway, however, not tried Summon - fingers crossed they haven't disabled it again - app updates always generates some apprehension because something gets stuffed up, though I've not noticed anything yet.

Just checked my IOS app version - its updated to 4.27.5 but hasn't prompted me for any fitness tracking, not that I want that anyway, however, not tried Summon - fingers crossed they haven't disabled it again - app updates always generates some apprehension because something gets stuffed up, though I've not noticed anything yet.
Updated last week but only got the prompt a couple days ago, I guess there's a kind of staggered rollout

How do u turn off a key ?
Either turn off phone, turn off bluetooth, or turn off the key in the app under the "security and drivers" menu.

Attachments

• IMG_6171.jpeg
    IMG_6171.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: FastLaneJB
U mean digital key
If you are referring to the Tesla Keyfob for 3,Y, it turns itself off when its stationary for a few minutes. The iPhone key does something similar as well, won't unlock unless motion is detected on the phone. If they are sat by your bed then they are not going to unlock the car even if they can be relayed.

U mean connect,uwb uses proximity to unlock car. It just does not time out and disconnect. U have to be within a meter for it to unlock. You can still unlocked car from a far greater distance using the app features like valet mode.