Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

scroll wheel issue YOKE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
Am I the only one who has this issue with the scroll wheels in the YOKE steering wheel?
First off they went back to plastic instead of metal in the 3 and Y.
Second, scrolling up and down is fine but left and right stick so much and I end up accidentally pressing it pausing the music instead.
Am I the only one or should I just put in a service request for a replacement for another plastic scroll wheel haha

May I ask when they went back to plastic from metal? My M3 LR is relatively new and has metal scroll wheels. The Model Y test car last week had metal scroll wheels that didn’t stick. Perhaps a smaller batch of steering wheels went out with plastic due to shortages of the metal scroll wheels?

I had this issue on my MSP at delivery last July. They ended up replacing the entire yoke. It still doesn’t feel as satisfying and solid as when clicking left or right on a 3/Y but at least it works. On the bright side, the new yoke isn’t getting the wear and peeling a lot were complaining about so it must be a revised version they replaced it with.

Reactions: everydaychris
May I ask when they went back to plastic from metal? My M3 LR is relatively new and has metal scroll wheels. The Model Y test car last week had metal scroll wheels that didn’t stick. Perhaps a smaller batch of steering wheels went out with plastic due to shortages of the metal scroll wheels?
no no its just the YOKE. I think it's always been black plastic.. Classic tesla. They put nice and durable metal ones in the 3 and Y and left the plastic ones in for the YOKE steering haha