Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE (Southern California Edison) Solar annual bill, is each TOU category independent for usage / surplus rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about halfway through the year for first solar annual bill with NEM 2.0. Our system is undersized, and overall we are a net consumer. However with the winter TOU rates, we have a surplus in the daytime 8am-4pm "super off peak" TOU category.

If we are a net consumer does it matter is one TOU category is surplus? Will just that TOU category rollover or pay out for net compensation at wholesale rate? Or will I get full rate credit (not wholesale) for the super off peak TOU category like it implies on the bill?

We have 2 EVs and charge at night, but if I need to get the super-off peak category to a consumption, I can change our charging habits in the winter (although I prefer not to).

I just don't want a surprise of owing even more that planned (based on year-to-date charges) at the end of the year.

1698263272416.png

1698263304817.png

Attachments

• 1698263254609.png
    1698263254609.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 43
The annual payout is based on your total usage regardless of TOU category. If you are a net consumer you don't get a payout on the annual bill.

If your net energy charge (under "tracked charges" on your bill) is positive then you will owe that amount at the end of the year. If it is negative you do not owe anything but that amount is reset to zero for the start of the new annual cycle. These values are summarized in a box on every bill next to the tracked charges:

1698269066098.png

• Helpful
Reactions: BGbreeder
Upvote 0