Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Tesla UTC First Year Anniversary Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the last meeting of the San Diego Tesla Club, I mentioned that the San Diego Tesla UTC Store Manager, Peter Najera, was planning an event to commemorate the store’s one year anniversary.
Although final details are still being firmed up, here is what I know:

1. The date is Sunday, October 27.
2. UTC will reserve a portion of the parking lot next to the Valet area nearest Pottery Barn and the Valet (near the parking garage that has the HPWCs). This area will accommodate about 40 cars.
3. Since UTC is closing off a portion of their parking lot for Teslas, this will have to be an RSVP and a commitment by you to arrive by 10:30 AM and stay till about 3:30 PM.

I know that Peter would like to have as many of us (up to ~40 cars max) as possible attend and show off our beautiful automobiles.
I don’t know at this time what other activities Peter has planned, but as soon as I hear from Tesla, I will let you know.

Tesla has been a fantastic company to us; let’s show them how much we appreciate them.
If you are willing to commit to attending without knowing further details, please email Peter with your name and Tesla model: [email protected]

David Guggenheim

At the last meeting of the San Diego Tesla Club, I mentioned that the San Diego Tesla UTC Store Manager, Peter Najera, was planning an event to commemorate the store’s one year anniversary.

Here's a photo from around 11:30, when most of the cars were there and there was a bit of foot traffic.

IMAG0032.jpg

I am considering getting a model S in the near future and was there for a test drive at 1 PM. Being semi-serious in photography, I don't want to rely on pictures alone to choose the car color. So I missed a great opportunity to see all the colors (including your lavender P85) in person and meeting you guys. Any suggestions where I can get a look at a variety of colors - service center maybe ?

Here's a photo from around 11:30, when most of the cars were there and there was a bit of foot traffic.

I am considering getting a model S in the near future and was there for a test drive at 1 PM. Being semi-serious in photography, I don't want to rely on pictures alone to choose the car color. So I missed a great opportunity to see all the colors (including your lavender P85) in person and meeting you guys. Any suggestions where I can get a look at a variety of colors - service center maybe ?

There are often a bunch of them parked in or around the service center, yes. Black, white and red are pretty common. Brown and green are both nice colors IMHO, although too dark for my taste, and they're pretty rare.

I went to the service center to check colors. It helped but was not ideal.

The problem is all the Teslas are covering in dust from the nearby gravel quarry. It is a good way to see what the colors are like when they are extremely dirty though :)

I heard they were setting up a clean delivery center on Miramar, but I'm not sure that open to the public.

There are often a bunch of them parked in or around the service center, yes. Black, white and red are pretty common. Brown and green are both nice colors IMHO, although too dark for my taste, and they're pretty rare.
Sounds good, I'll swing by the service center on Miramar sometime. Both me and wife absolutely love the Sig-Red (its very rare to come to the same choice rt. away) and can't get over the fact that its impossible to get one anymore without paying a hefty paint job premium. I want a close look at blue, as for white one can't really tell if its solid or metallic unless you are like 2 feet from the car.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is all the Teslas are covering in dust from the nearby gravel quarry. It is a good way to see what the colors are like when they are extremely dirty though :)
That would be a pragmatic evaluation too, right ? As of now I'm leaning towards white (looks classy) with Tan and Obeche - wait, that's exactly what you got ! :) Blue is a close second choice - need to see in person.

I heard they were setting up a clean delivery center on Miramar, but I'm not sure that open to the public.

I know they're moving to a bigger and (slightly) cleaner facility, but I hadn't heard about the delivery center...

Sounds good, I'll swing by the service center on Miramar sometime. Both me and wife absolutely love the Sig-Red (its very rare to come to the same choice rt. away) and can't get over the fact that its impossible to get one anymore without paying a hefty paint job premium. I want a close look at blue, as for white one can't really tell if its solid or metallic unless you are like 2 feet from the car.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a pragmatic evaluation too, right ? As of now I'm leaning towards white (looks classy) with Tan and Obeche - wait, that's exactly what you got ! :) Blue is a close second choice - need to see in person.

If I could get a sig red I would in Heart beat, I like it by far over all the current colors.

I was thinking Blue until we went to the service center. It was just too dark for me. If you like black cars, it's awesome, because it like black with a blue dimension that can really pop and look great in the right lighting. But may times it just looks black, and I did not really want a black car.

After Nov 27th, you can see mine in person. :)