Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

San Diego Tesla Club mtg Monday, October 7 at 6 PM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are confirmed for Monday, October 7 at 6 PM at the SDG&E Energy Innovation Center, 4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92117.
The 6 PM start time will give us a chance to mingle in the parking lot for awhile before we go inside. I think many of us just like to talk to our fellow Tesla owners.

As far as the meeting, I had several thoughts. Many of our members, unlike me, have taken longer trips in their Teslas while going “off the grid” (getting away from the Superchargers).
Hopefully, we can have our members share their confirmed charging stations, RV parks and hotels that are EV friendly. I frankly get scared when I have less than 25 miles of range left.
If someone is willing to compile the list, let me know and members can email you their suggestions and we can have a sheet to hand out at the meeting.

Member Jens Knudsen has a presentation on his trip to Big Bear, having a 14-50 receptacle installed in his HOA, and taking a test drive in Copenhagen.

Scott Pokal from SolarCity will give a short presentation on solar energy and be available for questions.
Nolan Robinett of Eco Detail will introduce himself. He is an authorized CQuartz Finest and OptiCoat Pro installer.

Although Erick is no longer with us (moved to East Coast), his able replacement Brian Todd of the SD Tesla Service Center will join us and he promises to get everyone Firmware 5.0 immediately; well maybe not immediately, but within the next six months, hopefully :)

If you have any other item for the agenda, let me know.

It looks like Tuesday, Nov 12 works for the EIC for the meeting following this one, although we're still awaiting official confirmation.

Don't forget the National PlugIn 2013 event at Liberty Station on Sat, 9/28 from 10 AM - 3 PM.

David