Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S75 orders showing a "Showroom Discount" after yesterday's changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did email my sales rep guy, asking to upgrade to the new version and add smart air suspension, but the spec sheet still lists my original car configuration. This change request is one of the reasons that I'm not upset about the easy-come/easy-go discount. I figured I was going to be losing it anyway.

Yes every order seems to have the discount which puts your cost on par of the new prices, however it doesn't include the new extras like air suspension.
I ordered 3-4 weeks ago and I'm 90% certain I'm going to cancel my order and reorder to get the new bells and whistles.

There's always new bells and whistles. I took delivery of my (then) MS 60 last July. Since then there have been numerous updates e.g. HW2, all the recent changes etc. The thing is, my "out of date" Tesla still blows my mind and does absolutely everything I need it to do in a beautiful way and is decades ahead of any car on the road:D.

My plan is when there are truly compelling reasons(hover mode, force field) within a few years I'll trade up to the latest version(then 6 months later if will be"out of date" lol).

There's always new bells and whistles. I took delivery of my (then) MS 60 last July. Since then there have been numerous updates e.g. HW2, all the recent changes etc. The thing is, my "out of date" Tesla still blows my mind and does absolutely everything I need it to do in a beautiful way and is decades ahead of any car on the road:D.

My plan is when there are truly compelling reasons(hover mode, force field) within a few years I'll trade up to the latest version(then 6 months later if will be"out of date" lol).

There's no other vehicle like that. My 2014 P85D feels positively prehistoric :). But... I do expect that we're going to see this slow down. With any new product, the innovation goes most rapidly at first, as most of the biggest problems are addressed. And then the improvements become more evolutionary.

As I see it, a few really major glaring issues are left:

#1 Tesla needs to provide an updated interior & dash. The current one is the consequence of decisions made out of necessity, because Tesla couldn't afford to develop a more sophisticated interior in 2012. It needs an interior reflecting the 6 figure price tag.

#2 The whole charging infrastructure question needs to be dealt with. CCS is the future in North America. Tesla will have to deal with that, either by providing two ports, or switching to a CCS port. Adapters are not a long term solution.

#3 The P1XXD must be visually differentiated from it's less costly stablemates. A car THAT expensive should be be instantly recognizable. Red calipers and a 'P' decal are not sufficient. Arguably, the same thing should be done to the 1XXD, but to a lesser extent.

#4 For gawd sakes... we need a better palette of colors on a 100K+ car. Really? One blue, one red and 5 grades of monochrome between white and black? Is somebody at Tesla colorblind?

Where do you find "your invoice"?

If you're referring to my comments about having settled my invoice, you'll see your final invoice appear in your account shortly before delivery. It will be made after you receive "the call" where they book you in for your collection, and ask you to pay anything you owe by bank transfer. (This is at least my experience here in the UK).

I have just 40 hours to go until my collection! :)

I spoke with my sales rep about changing my order (fully-loaded 75D, ordered on July 15th) and he said I would basically have to cancel my order and forfeit my $2500 CAD deposit since this is basically treated as a "new model year." If I were to order the same car now, it would only be an extra $150 or so, but it would include Smart Air Suspension. Unfortunately with the cancellation fee, it's not worth it to me and I'll just stick with my $4250 discount (about $3400 USD). I'm guessing my discount is higher than some of the others since I included all of the upgrades? It's still not quite as good of a deal as if I bought the car today, but it's cool of Tesla to offer the retroactive discount without me even putting up a fuss.

Thank goodness for that discount though - I'm just realizing that I'm going to have to lay out an extra $10,000 or so to cover the tinting, paint protection coating, paint protection film, winter wheel/tire set, powder coating my silver stock wheels (hopefully they will look like the new grey slipstreams but for $550 instead of $3500), maintenance plan, winter mats and wall charger plus install!

Reactions: Surfer
I spoke with my sales rep about changing my order (fully-loaded 75D, ordered on July 15th) and he said I would basically have to cancel my order and forfeit my $2500 CAD deposit since this is basically treated as a "new model year."

There are some people who have managed to get their deposit transferred to a new order and the only "penalty" was essentially just losing their place in line for production. I've been emailing my OA as well, and he gave me the same answer as yours so far. But right now I'm guessing that's the default answer without checking up the chain. If they hadn't added air suspension to the 75D, I don't think I'd care, but that was the one option I really wanted that I couldn't get because it wasn't offered. My order is only two weeks old; it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to change it out. The people I've seen were able to do it had older orders than mine.

Can someone help clarify this for me? I have an S75 on order and expected delivery is Late August to Early September. Somehow I don't think that the car would be in production right now. Is Tesla including the Air Suspension to all vehicles as of last weekend or starting in September? The order was just placed in the system about 9 days ago and my invoice shows a discount of $1000. Now I'm wondering if I'll be included or not.

Same issue here. I have a total discount of $4,000 which includes the $3000 "Showroom" discount and the $1,000 User Referral Discount. And no we are not getting the Air suspension. If you want the air suspension then you have to cancel your current order which will cost you $500.00 then reorder at the new pricing structure which is more that you would have had to pay originally. (They sneaked in a price increase.)

Same issue here. I have a total discount of $4,000 which includes the $3000 "Showroom" discount and the $1,000 User Referral Discount. And no we are not getting the Air suspension. If you want the air suspension then you have to cancel your current order which will cost you $500.00 then reorder at the new pricing structure which is more that you would have had to pay originally. (They sneaked in a price increase.)

I'm cancelling my order and you lose your whole deposit. £2,000 in my case.
However my build is actually now cheaper, so when I reorder it will work out roughly the same price as I was paying anyway.