Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ukraine making progress.

Can't find this info anywhere else, but according to Denys in the vid above (at the 19:28 mark), Germany is sending one(!) MBB Bo 105 attack helicopter to UKR. Guessing it has similar capacity as the Russian Dictator's Ka-52s... I wonder when it will be operational near the front lines...

As I understand it Germany has sold 12 units of something similar to Albania. Maybe a couple of those can be bought by the EU and sent to UKR?...

During his visit to UKR, Boris Pistorius today expressed his solidarity and admiration for the people of UKR, and assured Ukraine further Military support.

I’ve seen articles like these in several publications over the last few days. Seems like the establishment wants this messaging out there:

”Ukrainian front-line units are commonly 20% to 40% below full strength, said Ihor Romanenko, a military analyst and retired Ukrainian lieutenant general. “Because of the shortage of infantry, those remaining are tired,” he said. There is little scope for rest or rotation.”

1700587318566.png

Last edited:
I’ve seen articles like these in several publicsrions over the last few days. Seems like the establishment wants this messaging out there:

”Ukrainian front-line units are commonly 20% to 40% below full strength, said Ihor Romanenko, a military analyst and retired Ukrainian lieutenant general. “Because of the shortage of infantry, those remaining are tired,” he said. There is little scope for rest or rotation.”

View attachment 992680
In today’s morning newsfeed from the Guardian:

The Fox Corp chief executive, Lachlan Murdoch, has met with Volodymyr Zelenskiy in the Ukrainian capital in what Kyiv said was a “very important signal” of support at a time when global media attention has shifted from the war with Russia.

I’ve seen articles like these in several publicsrions over the last few days. Seems like the establishment wants this messaging out there:

View attachment 992680

Similar stories about conditions on the Russian Dictator's side of the frontline are coming from Russian so called 'milbloggers'. Here's one posted today on Twitter/X by this account:
@NOELreports

Allegedly:

"Another update from Russian channel Two Majors, citing sources in the area of Krynky, occupied Kherson region.

"Hello, I would like to share my combat experience of working near the Krynky settlement. The only pluses are probably two guys from Wagner, who taught the detachment personnel a lot, including me, because of this we only get by with a load of 300 (wounded) The work takes place in very harsh conditions, especially in such weather as it is now, rain, wet snow, wind, swamps and mud. If it were not for the purchase of equipment, appropriate clothing and the help of volunteers, many people would have already fallen ill.

Let's move on. The lack of aerial reconnaissance with UAVs slows down any of our movements very much and puts the lives of our guys at risk; you always expect an ambush, because the Ukrainian recon groups are walking everywhere.

Lack of fire support from artillery and mortars. It is there, but after several shots they leave, because active counter-battery work is underway, in the forest behind us. If I’m not mistaken, there was a number of mortar crews, in total they fired about 20 mortars, when they began to fly at them, for your understanding.

The last, very problematic issue is interaction with neighbouring units. It is practically non-existent. But here again, Wagner decides, through old contacts found people with whom we are now actively working, up to the evacuation of guys in case of emergency.

In general, the picture is that the headquarters is given the wrong picture or delayed for a few days, because of which the planning is not quite successful. Well and one more thing, we have a lot of people with no experience in combat, this plus one fear in the piggy bank, the situation when a man has a weapon and he is very afraid is not pleasant, and when the commanders are alarmists and shout about recon - I'm silent."

Why Putin is so Afraid of Euro Maidan? Revolution of Dignity in Brief

Freedom and dignity values [are] extremely important for Ukrainian society but are also seen as a threat to Russian population and especially Putin. A free strong developing country next to the dying Russian Empire is something Putin does not need and does not want. [...] His fear of a revolution [to] change his regime is one of the reasons of the full scale war that he started back in 2014.
Timothy Snyder has also said this fear is what motivated Putin's war.

There is something in Slavic culture that guys buy broken appliances and cars, repair them and sell them on. A friend of mine was married to a Ukrainian immigrant PhD student. She said their driveway was always full of broken cars. She usually had to park on the street. He didn't really need the money, but he was constantly on the look out for a broken down car he could fix up and sell on. It was a compulsion with him.

I've known others from Slavic cultures that were the same.

There is something in Slavic culture that guys buy broken appliances and cars, repair them and sell them on. A friend of mine was married to a Ukrainian immigrant PhD student. She said their driveway was always full of broken cars. She usually had to park on the street. He didn't really need the money, but he was constantly on the look out for a broken down car he could fix up and sell on. It was a compulsion with him.

I've known others from Slavic cultures that were the same.

You would have to pay a master electrician or equivalent $150/hr plus to fix the powertrain in the US.

In Ukraine a person with same skill set might be willing to work for $10/hr.

Plus, American car insurance companies are normally risk averse. Doubly so with electric cars. When in doubt just total the BEV.

I wounder if they are keeping NACS or switching to CCS2?