Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Round steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone post a picture of the round steering wheel of the Model X ? Does it block the screen? I test drove a model X but they only had with the yolk. I was fine with the yolk, but wife prefers steering wheel. Just want to see since the demo drive only have yolk. Thank you in advance.

don't have a picture at the moment. but it does not block the screen. however, I do feel the yoke gives more openness and thus make the front look better. like you, wife prefers wheel. we got the yoke, then swap to wheel when it was available.

I wish I waited and save $700. because my sister's yoke was peeling and they offer yoke or wheel as replacement. she chose wheel for free.

-ThinkMac-

We opted for a steering wheel for our new X plaid since our other car is a Y and having consistency helps. Test drove a X with a yoke and while the view is cleaner, found myself reaching for parts that weren’t there. I’ve positioned the steering wheel where it doesn’t block anything. Like one of the previous poster mentioned, the X steering wheel is larger than the Y steering wheel. The Y steering feels much more responsive b/c of the smaller size.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I really like the X steering wheel. It has a flat bottom, and it feels so smooth and feels good in my hands. It doesn't block the cluster... idk where that rumor came from. Just adjust your wheel and your seat and its not different from any other car.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Here ya go

Attachments

• 20231005_180210.jpg
    20231005_180210.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 194
I can provide real-time pictures, I can describe the typical features of round steering wheels for Tesla Model X to help you visualize:

1. Design: The round steering wheel resembles traditional car steering wheels, providing a familiar grip for many drivers.
  2. Size: It's designed to not block the screen or any important dashboard information. Car manufacturers carefully design the steering wheel and its positioning to ensure it doesn't obstruct the driver's view.
  3. Functionality: The round steering wheel typically has all the necessary buttons and controls integrated, allowing you to operate various car functions without taking your hands off the wheel.
Tesery offer variety of steering wheel options, catering to different preferences and driving styles. You can know more

Plaid Round Steering Wheel Replacement for Tesla Model X

Custom Round Steering Wheel Replacement for Tesla Model S  Model X-tesery (5).png

Custom Round Steering Wheel Replacement for Tesla Model S  Model X-tesery (2).png

Custom Round Steering Wheel Replacement for Tesla Model S  Model X-tesery (1).jpg

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
I can provide real-time pictures, I can describe the typical features of round steering wheels for Tesla Model X to help you visualize:

1. Design: The round steering wheel resembles traditional car steering wheels, providing a familiar grip for many drivers.
  2. Size: It's designed to not block the screen or any important dashboard information. Car manufacturers carefully design the steering wheel and its positioning to ensure it doesn't obstruct the driver's view.
  3. Functionality: The round steering wheel typically has all the necessary buttons and controls integrated, allowing you to operate various car functions without taking your hands off the wheel.
Tesery offer variety of steering wheel options, catering to different preferences and driving styles. You can know more

Plaid Round Steering Wheel Replacement for Tesla Model X

View attachment 980058
View attachment 980059

View attachment 980060

Thank you so much for postI g the pictures.

If offered, would people go for the one from the CyberTruck? I'd need to drive with it to see if there's a difference or not, but my thinking is that you can, somewhat, let the wheel spin in your hands without losing contact. Kind of seems like a better compromise. Now, if they only include the drive-by-wire and variable steering with the X.

So is this the new “improved” wheel with a center horn and a camera button or someone photoshopped it? It still features the “worm” so that hasn’t improved if real.

View attachment 1008968
It might be Photoshopped, but I would replace my 2023 Model X steering wheel with that in an *INSTANT* if it were in fact real & available.
Hunting for the tiny horn button placed somewhere at the top / mid / mostly / right / upper / there-it-is . . . is dumb.

Reactions: Lester Green
I'm wondering if anyone getting a wheel replacement now is getting the one with the center horn and a camera button, as seen in the '24 Ss and Xs. I'm having mine serviced next week and one of the issues is weak, inconsistent heat from the steering wheel. If they swap it out, I'm going to request the new wheel with the horn.

I'm wondering if anyone getting a wheel replacement now is getting the one with the center horn and a camera button, as seen in the '24 Ss and Xs. I'm having mine serviced next week and one of the issues is weak, inconsistent heat from the steering wheel. If they swap it out, I'm going to request the new wheel with the horn.

Sounds like you should get that established BEFORE you keep that appt.