Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road noise increased after coil over install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone has noticed an increase in road noise after installing coil overs? I have UP coil overs installed. Much better ride etc compared to lowering springs. But i do believe i hear an increase in road noise, predominantly coming from the rear of the car. Could it be from the spring perchs that sit directly on the lower arm with only a small rubber o ring, compared to the big rubber isolating mount for the stock spring?
Am i being overly picky? Hate a noisy road and a noisy car!!!

I guess it would make sense that some increase in noise would occur, especially in the rear suspension (where i hear it most) due to going from rubber mounts for the rear springs to only a rubber mount for the top of the spring and the lower spring sitting directly on a spring perch made of aluminum. Any noise, vibration, etc will get transmitted into the body of the car.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make some sort of rubber isolating doughnut of some sort. UPP has a small rubber o ring, but i honestly don’t see how that could impart too significantly vibration, etc. Too thin, too small.
FECD081C-7230-4AD3-90E5-7BB89B99AAD8.jpeg