Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RIP FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that doesn’t know what’s being discussed here, for as of yet unknown reasons Tesla has removed the option to purchase FSD on the Model 3 ordering page. EAP is still an option:

2D91871D-8CE3-4154-8087-E4C640E22A3D.jpeg

Reactions: MelaniainLA
and then what?
I'm guessing that it will re-appear as an option when FSD-specific features start to roll out with HW3. I'm guessing it was to reduce confusion as to why people were paying for features that were not available yet.

When it does come back, I'm guessing the price for FSD will increase. But those that already purchased it will be grandfathered in. Tesla is not abandoning FSD, just not making it an option to purchase after next week until it materializes.

I'm guessing that it will re-appear as an option when FSD-specific features start to roll out with HW3. I'm guessing it was to reduce confusion as to why people were paying for features that were not available yet.

When it does come back, I'm guessing the price for FSD will increase. But those that already purchased it will be grandfathered in. Tesla is not abandoning FSD, just not making it an option to purchase after next week until it materializes.
Still available on S and X!?

There may be more changes needed than the processor upgrade to get close to FSD. Tesla may not want the potential liability of upgrading hundreds of thousands of model 3s.

Yea they are definitely trying to reduce the number of vehicles that need upgrades, but i doubt they would design/manufacture an entirely new variant JUST to obscure attention from something that will STILL get plenty of eyes on it.