Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 92kWh battery capacity (the article wrote 92KW but I assume they meant kWh) and 1180 pound-feet of torque you can do a lot. The hardest thing might have been getting to the claimed 2.8 seconds for the 0-62mph time. With a governed top speed of 185mph (297kph), you need to get to 62 with a mere 1/3 of full RPM. I'm assuming single speed gear here, no shifting. That's a big gear ratio, which divides torque in the opposite way.
Then there's the power versus energy choice to do with the battery pack. The mentioned 1088 hp (=800kW) are Bugatti Veyron domain. LiFePO4 cells are well known for their high C rates but they have less energy density than Li-Ion that Tesla uses. Vehicle mass then is a real problem to get to the claimed range.
If they do use a shifting gear box, and change into second gear above 62mph, things will ease up a bit, though.

more pictures and a video available at Rimac Concept One Photo Gallery - Autoblog

Can someone explain to me what this photo from that group represents?
08rimac-concept-one.jpg

Edit: Looking closer i see that these are the gas/brake pedals. The reflection confused me ...

At about 49 seconds in, it appears to take off and behave like its RWD. That might be deliberate, or might be because its in development, or I could just be plain wrong, but I thought this was supposed to be 4WD ?

The Rimacs spectacular figures should be enough to pull tree stumps out the ground, wrinkle tarmac, and distort time etc.

If the figures are to be believed, the Rimac could just be the EV which spanks a Bugatti Veyron.

Such a test would push respect for EVs into the stratosphere. Even Clarkson will have to bow before the Church of EV :biggrin:

Last edited:
Some more information about the Concept_One and photos from the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este.

VILLA D'ESTE, May 25th to 27th 2012. – One more stop for the Rimac Concept_One is the prestigious Concorso d'Eleganza. The number of participants is strictly limited and vehicles are hand-picked. The Concept_One was chosen to compete among other hyped rivals in the category for Concept Cars and Prototypes.

Top automotive beauties and rarities of the past and present are vying for the favor of the jury and the public. This year’s winner of the competition is chosen not by a jury, but by the visitors. Together with the Concept_One, the participants in Concept Cars & Prototypes competition are seven unique and exclusive cars: the Pininfarina Cambiano, Alfa Romeo 4C, Bertone Jaguar B99, Rinspeed Dock+Go, Ford EVOS Concept, Italdesign Giugiaro Brivido and Lexus LF-LC.

Surrounded by these extraordinary and wonderful cars, the Concept_One stands out thanks to its fully functional powertrain and the fact that it will hit production in 2014. The Concept_One is not only appealing, luxurious and classy; nevertheless under the carbon-fibre body it has a hidden, quiet beast. Four electric motors are providing an unforgettable supercar experience. With 1088 HP, the Concept_One can reach 100 km/h from standstill in 2.8 seconds and continue to accelerate to the limited top speed of 305 km/h. 92kWh of energy in the battery modules deliver enough „juice“ for up to 600 km of range. The Rimac All Wheel Torque Vectoring System (R-AWTV) controls each motor and wheel independently for optimal driving dynamics. The R-AWTV enables the driver to customize the car’s behavior - depending on the driver’s skills and confidence, the R-AWTV can be aggressive and over-steer oriented, or safe and neutral.

Even when the production starts Rimac Automobili plans to keep every car special, handmade and unique. The production is limited to only 88 units, 10 to 15 cars per year. Tailored by the customer’s wishes every car is an exquisite masterpiece.

The glorious parkland of the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este and Villa Erba in Cernobbio on Lake Como will again be turned into a unique platform for the most beautiful cars and motorcycles from bygone days, alongside the most flamboyant concept vehicles of the present. Inaugurated at the very same location in 1929, the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este today ranks as one of the world’s most tradition-swathed events of its kind.

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg