Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revenge of the ICE! My newest problem ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I think I was one of the first to suffer the 12V issue that left me stranded ...

This morning, I was greeted by another realm of the ICE, coolant. Yes, we know that coolant is required to cool/warm those batteries. But my understanding is that you should not find it puddling around your vehicle in the morning with low coolant warnings ....

I could almost feel the chuckle coming from my GMC 2500 parked next to my S. There must be some kind of ICE Karma after me :cursing:

te.jpg

tes.jpg

tesl.jpg

Best GUESS from service manager ... there's a disconnect on that side that may be the culprit ... I should know tomorrow PM .. Hopefully it's a quick fix and no one else has to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

You got a personal email from a VP on a Sunday... that is GREAT customer service!!!

I have his email from my 12V fiasco ... and yes, he is VERY responsive. Kudos to Joost!

You got a personal email from a VP on a Sunday... that is GREAT customer service!!!

It must be pretty cool to get an email from George or Elon or Joost, but am I the only one who thinks its weird for high level people to be dealing with customer issues? I hope they get their internal processes organised and staffed to the point where executives don't have to do this kind of thing anymore.

It must be pretty cool to get an email from George or Elon or Joost, but am I the only one who thinks its weird for high level people to be dealing with customer issues? I hope they get their internal processes organised and staffed to the point where executives don't have to do this kind of thing anymore.

Not at all. I am sure they want to know and deal with any early problems that could help save money and headaches down the road....

However, the fact I have the email address is solely from my early problem where Joost had to be involved. And, I definitely wouldnt abuse that .....

I felt the same way when Elon was personally inspecting every car that came off the assembly line.

I find their involvement a testament to their desire for Tesla to succeed. This certainly helped with my decision to finally reserve a Tesla, which will be my first American car in over 25 years. When executives are sitting in an "ivory tower" they become out of touch with the real world experiences of the customer and the quality of the product suffers. Detroit automakers made crap for a long time and they seemed fine with that so long as the money rolled in.

Last edited:
I want to echo the thought that involvement of senior executives is a good thing. As executives, especially the c-suite, gets further and further removed from products, processes and customers the vision and direction of an organization becomes distorted by the view from the top. Tactical involvement of key leaders is how smart, modern companies work. It shows that Elon, George and Joost have not delegated understanding. The best and brightest companies today are defined by that type of leadership. Apple, IBM, Facebook and Charles Schwab are all leaders in their leaders being deeply involved across all levels of the organization. One need only look at the various financially strapped companies, fraught with fraud, where a CEO claims no knowledge of the comings and goings.

Just my thought.