Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return policy / change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently received my model 3 and I had some issues with charging, my steering wheel vibrates inside which makes it really uncomfortable to drive on the highway especially, dents on the blinkers and some scratches that needs to be fixed.
I feel very disappointed needing to leave my brand new car to the SC when I just got it.
Since Tesla have a 7 day trial period, overall I feel disappointed and instead of doing a return do you guys think I can get a new one instead with same configuration? (And hopefully less issues)

In general it is better to reject a car at delivery if it has that many issues, but you are entitled to use the return policy if you are not satisfied. I would just talk to them and let me know your concerns and see what they say. The few people who have posted here about returns have said it could take 30-45 days to get your money back, and if you want to take delivery of a new car prior to getting your refund you will have to pay for that car with separate funds, so that may be a major hassle for you, especially if you have bank financing involved.

If you mean "take your car back to tesla and exchange it for one they have in stock" they did not use to do that. They would return the car, then you would order a new one (at whatever the pricing is when you order now vs when you ordered then).

That was previously, and also in the US. No idea what the policy is now, and internationally (since your location shows sweden). You will need to ask them (tesla). No matter what you hear here, it wont carry any weight when dealing with tesla, so you need to start with them (quickly), if you havent already. They will tell you they will fix it, and likely resist.

Good luck

Just in case you aren’t aware, the steering wheel will vibrate intentionally as a warning when you cross a lane without using a directional. Find the setting here: Controls > Autopilot > Lane Departure Warning.

Good thing to mention. Also good reason to read through the manual. Important to understand how the car will respond under certain circumstances.

Some people end up with cars with no issues. I had a few paint spots and one alignment adjustment. Did part with it after making an appointment two weeks out (so I had some time with it!) and got the issues taken care of. Very happy with it but understand not wanting to let it go once you have it especially if you waited a while to get it.

Last edited: