Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation barter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy that there are a few bids on ebay for thousands of dollars for an early reservation number. I have a very early reservation number and could make some money if I felt like dealing with the hassle, which I don't.

But... I would trade for 2 invites to the launch event... Or a Tesla surfboard.

I'm surprised Tesla allows someone to transfer a reservation. I'd think it would be simply a refund of the reservation deposit. I'm pretty much out on the CT due to the interior & feature cuts, unless something surprising is released. So I don't have skin in the game either way. But it seems to me this just encourages the Tesla equivalent of ticket scalping.

I'm surprised Tesla allows someone to transfer a reservation. I'd think it would be simply a refund of the reservation deposit. I'm pretty much out on the CT due to the interior & feature cuts, unless something surprising is released. So I don't have skin in the game either way. But it seems to me this just encourages the Tesla equivalent of ticket scalping.

They dont, and TMC also does not allow any sales discussions at all except for the marketplace subforums. This thread looks like satire, which is why it was not removed, so I would "encourage" no one else to comment about "I have a reservation you can buy" or anything close to that.

• Informative
Reactions: FLRifleman
Early Cybertruck delivery has significant value, as prices will at first be higher for used ones (with immediate delivery) Vs. paying list but waiting a long time for delivery.

People have been arbitraging high demand autos for years.

Reactions: A2be