Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder who has the highest "Reputation Points per Post" ? The MVP of TMC. :biggrin:

----update----

Didn't think of checking mine when making post but its 74/136= 0.54.

Obviously the more I post the more it will go down.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not sure that's correct...
FlasherZ has between 1100 and 1299 reputation points and 4064 posts (as of the time of this writing), so that's less than 0.32 points per post.
wk057 has at least 700 reputation points and 1850 posts, so at least .378 points per post

Yeah, my S/N ratio is not as high as wk's.

Just occurred to me what would make rep points better fit intent.... Something that gives bonus points to members who get rep points from large, diverse group of members... If you get your points a few at a time from many people, to me it is worth more than a cabal of forum obsessed stroking each other with big rep doses. But that should not stop heavy hitters from dosing ME of course.

Just occurred to me what would make rep points better fit intent.... Something that gives bonus points to members who get rep points from large, diverse group of members... If you get your points a few at a time from many people, to me it is worth more than a cabal of forum obsessed stroking each other with big rep doses. But that should not stop heavy hitters from dosing ME of course.

Agree. But it's probably not worth adjusting the algorithm to do this.

I have noticed that as you get higher reputation, other high rep folks tend to NOT give rep. Not that anyone is competitive here. :) This morning I've given two people positive reputation for great role modeling with their posts. One had one green bar, the other 5 or 6. Level playing field is important.

Agree. But it's probably not worth adjusting the algorithm to do this.

I have noticed that as you get higher reputation, other high rep folks tend to NOT give rep. Not that anyone is competitive here. :) This morning I've given two people positive reputation for great role modeling with their posts. One had one green bar, the other 5 or 6. Level playing field is important.

I give reputation for behaviour I want to encourage. So right now I'm bribing people to add entries to the firmware upgrade tracker, just as I did in the past for the battery table.

But on the receiving side I'll admit that I get a lot more reputation points in fights and arguments or for jokes but almost a negligible amount for the things I do that I consider useful for the community (like the battery and firmware trackers or answering questions or providing scientific analysis of critical infrastructure pieces in this forum )

I give reputation for behaviour I want to encourage. So right now I'm bribing people to add entries to the firmware upgrade tracker, just as I did in the past for the battery table.
And bribery clearly works. Since posting in two threads that I am handing out reputation points for entries to the table we have gone from 3 entries today to 19 entries today in 90 minutes.
This alone makes me love the reputation point system! We are getting really interesting data out of this.

And bribery clearly works. Since posting in two threads that I am handing out reputation points for entries to the table we have gone from 3 entries today to 19 entries today in 90 minutes.
This alone makes me love the reputation point system! We are getting really interesting data out of this.

Dang, I knew I entered my data into that table too early. Guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm. :rolleyes:

Dang, I knew I entered my data into that table too early. Guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm. :rolleyes:
I give reputation until I run out. And I just ran out for today. I'll try to remember to give you points when I have some to give again.
I think the Firmware Upgrade Tracker gives us really interesting data - but only if enough people enter their data.
So thanks for doing that, and stay tuned for reputation coming your way... or if one of the other people here would be so kind to give mibaro2 some reputation (and then comment so he doesn't get reputation from 30 people... that wouldn't be fair, either) :wink:

But on the receiving side I'll admit that I get a lot more reputation points in fights and arguments or for jokes but almost a negligible amount for the things I do that I consider useful for the community (like the battery and firmware trackers or answering questions or providing scientific analysis of critical infrastructure pieces in this forum )
just for the record, I'm unable to give you any rep points yet as apparently I need to spread some around. Out of curiousity I don't recall from earlier if anyone mentioned how much spreading is actually required.

just for the record, I'm unable to give you any rep points yet as apparently I need to spread some around. Out of curiousity I don't recall from earlier if anyone mentioned how much spreading is actually required.
That's one of the things that I wanted to track as well but right now I'm spreading like crazy (apparently abusing the system - but hey, it works and we have a ton of data in the tracker). You can apparently give reputation ten times in 24h.