Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reporting Defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3RWD on Sunday.

I noticed a rattling in the back of the car behind the driver's seat when going over bumpy patches of road.

Also, closing the frunk is very challenging despite using the method advised in the Tesla video. Probably takes about 5 tries.

Where do I report this so that it gets recognized as a delivery defects? It's not through the Service area in the app, is it?

Use the app and request service. They'll generally know it's from delivery since your miles will be low. Sadly it's common for a new tesla to have minor issues.

I had some warranty work done on my 2yr old Y and told the tech I'm getting another Tesla tomorrow... his response was "I guess I'll see you in a few weeks" he said that's just the way it goes.

I picked up my M3 last week and it was slightly out of alignment. I reported it in the app, got a quote back for ~$270, accepted it (that's important to speed up the process), messaged the service people in the app and told them that's how I got the car (it had<50mi on it and no damage). They didn't charge me anything and it drives great now.

The key is to report it asap. With a rattle, you'll likely get an estimate for $0. I think it's generally a warranty item anyway so you shouldn't have any issues