Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replaced with Michelin Crossclimate 2 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been running on this tire on my X5 for 4 years and I love it. It handles dry, wet, and snow like a performance tire. So that’s why I have been looking forward to put them on my MXP.

However I noticed the noise level did increase. But I guess I can get used to that.

the other part is the efficiency drops about 10%+ my commute to work each way to work is about 360kw/mi in the winter times.

With the new tire I’m tracking about 430kw/mi

I know they are about 3 pounds heavier per tire compare to the oem ones.

I’m wondering if switching the wheel lugs to titanium so it saves weight improves the efficiency to get closer to my oem tires? And if there’s other hacks/tricks

Regardless of the noise level increase and the efficiency decrease I still think it’s the best choice tire out there.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I would give it a few months or more to truly judge efficiency.

It's been extra cold here in NJ as well the past few weeks or two, so going by recent numbers is skewed.

I had the CC2's on my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 and later on my 2019 Performance 3 and did not notice anything significant over years of trip data.

Loved the tires as well and would consider them again for sure on my 2023 LR X vs. a true winter tire like the X-Ice as I found them to be very sloppy and soft and overkill for most winter weather. The CC2's IMO are a great option for areas that have months of cold and mixed precip but little to no real heavy snow driving.

On my Tessie app I compare the efficiency with same route and very similar temperature. My daily routing are pretty much the same. So I’d say the comparison of efficiency are without much discrepancies. I guess the only way to find out is to get a set of those lightweight lugs and run it my self.