Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen Braking low/standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Rep informing us that the Low/Standard is in the newer Performance and/or Long range version. Anyone purchase this recently can confirm? There's a video that was sent to us and I manage to get a screenshot of it but I want to see if anyone sees this. It appears the option is in Driving. This used to be in Pedal & Steering for Model 3 but that might of change? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

FB_IMG_1706629326322.jpg

It wasn't there 2 weeks ago when it snowed. I can guaruntee you that much. But I can check for software updates when I get home tonight. This would save me from having to buy the S3XY buttons commander. I have a Model Y LR.

Unless you're talking about only the newer Model 3 Highland.

Reactions: AllenW3
Just picked up my brand new Model Y LR today, and it does not have the Low/Standard option at all. However, my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD still has that option, even with new software update that just came in a few days ago. I wish the MY still had this option, because my wife loves the low setting and I use the standard setting.

With the change of the EPA test method Tesla got rid of the low regen setting in some models. With the new EPA test method, the car has to run through the test in all driving modes that the car offers. Setting regen to low yields less range, thus is would have affected the test result negatively. The new rule takes effect in 2024, so the exact same 2023 car still have this option while the 2024 car does not.

With the change of the EPA test method Tesla got rid of the low regen setting in some models. With the new EPA test method, the car has to run through the test in all driving modes that the car offers. Setting regen to low yields less range, thus is would have affected the test result negatively. The new rule takes effect in 2024, so the exact same 2023 car still have this option while the 2024 car does not.
Thanks for the explanation.