Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2025 lineup prediction

Model 3 RWD
Model 3 LR
Model 3 P
Model 3 S
(replacement for model S - speed/brakes, but no "luxe" features like the S)

Model Y
Model Y LR
Model Y P

If they can build the model 3 but with a 1.99 0-60 they have met 80% of the want from the Model S. No need for bespoke "S" parts.

Model 3 RWD
Model 3 LR
Model 3 P
Model 3 S

Model Y
Model Y LR
Model Y P

If they can build the model 3 but with a 1.99 0-60 they have met 80% of the want from the Model S. No need for bespoke "S" parts.
It would be nice if the 7 seater Y is brought here as another option for people who just want an EV with 7 seats (with no X.. or S... options)

Won’t that make the Y a bit obsolete? Maybe thats the plan.
I think a Hatch will increase the model 3 sales significantly without eating in to the model Y share to much. I still have the model S and a new Y, the biggest advantage of the Y is the upright seating position and even better forward and side visibility. (Rear visibility from the Y is poor without the cameras).

Model 3 RWD
Model 3 LR
Model 3 P
Model 3 S

Model Y
Model Y LR
Model Y P

I’d be shocked if 80% of model S buyers purchased just for the acceleration. As a recent EV buyer who has purchased 4 model S since they arrived in Australia, city unusable acceleration was very low on my list, as was flakey part self driving and even flakier voice activation. Model 3 is far too small a car for me, and is not even close to the level of interior luxury and refinement I seek. Clearly that is a personal statement and I’m sure many people love their 3, which they should. It’s just not for me.

I think a Hatch will increase the model 3 sales significantly without eating in to the model Y share to much. I still have the model S and a new Y, the biggest advantage of the Y is the upright seating position and even better forward and side visibility. (Rear visibility from the Y is poor without the cameras).
I prefer to sit very low in a car. The closer to the road the better. Probably why i don’t enjoy driving an SUV

Well I guess we can now change the title of this thread to just “Model S waiting room”. I just received formal notification from tesla that my Model X order placed a couple of years ago has been cancelled. They are refunding my deposit, and offering me a 3k discount on a 3 or a Y.

Surprised and disappointed - I know Tesla does minimalist interiors and minimalist product lines but didn’t expect Elon to essentially tell the RHD market you can have either the 3 or the Y, take it or leave it. Maybe they have some kind of replacement for the S/X categories but I doubt it.

I think this’ll drive a lot of people away to their competitors (and even spur the 2nd-hand market for old S/X) - surprising Tesla didn’t want to own those markets too.

Well I guess we can now change the title of this thread to just “Model S waiting room”. I just received formal notification from tesla that my Model X order placed a couple of years ago has been cancelled. They are refunding my deposit, and offering me a 3k discount on a 3 or a Y.
Appears I was a bit slow, I missed the page of earlier posts stating the S had also been cancelled. :(

I ordered my first Tesla in 2014. Bought 2 more. Ordered the Plaid within minutes of release. I guess I have acted as a bit of a Tesla / Musk fanboy.But, not so much, after this news.
*sugar*.
So I guess I won't frequent these forums as much- I am not looking forward to the Porsche forums, but as soon as the 3-motor Taycan comes out: I'm there.
Elon changes his mind a lot. Let's hope he changes it on this real fast.
Anyone want to buy a Model S Raven Dual Motor? As new.
Colour, km's?

I’d be shocked if 80% of model S buyers purchased just for the acceleration. As a recent EV buyer who has purchased 4 model S since they arrived in Australia, city unusable acceleration was very low on my list, as was flakey part self driving and even flakier voice activation. Model 3 is far too small a car for me, and is not even close to the level of interior luxury and refinement I seek. Clearly that is a personal statement and I’m sure many people love their 3, which they should. It’s just not for me.

Completely agree, 7s 0-100 is totally fine by me...I want luxury not insane speed.

Reactions: paulp