Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Miles Expiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased 3,000 Supercharger miles with some referral credits a while back, and I still have about 1,500 remaining. However, it looks like these expire in late February 2024 (they are only valid 6 months), band I’m sure I read on here somewhere (can’t find it) that you can ’extend’ the expiration date by buying a few more miles with more referral credits.

So if I add 300 more miles (for 1,500 credits), will that extend the expiry date on *all* the miles for that 6 months?

Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks @init6, that’s helpful - that all appears to be related to additional referrals rather ‘purchasing’ with credits, but maybe that’s actually the same thing. I'm pretty sure that if I add another 300 in early Feb, all of the miles will extend for 6 months, which means I might be able to use them up!

Oh, and I clearly need to improve my search skills! :p

Thanks @init6, that’s helpful - that all appears to be related to additional referrals rather ‘purchasing’ with credits, but maybe that’s actually the same thing. I'm pretty sure that if I add another 300 in early Feb, all of the miles will extend for 6 months, which means I might be able to use them up!

Oh, and I clearly need to improve my search skills! :p
I use a little know web site. ;)

Please update this thread - or the other when you do. I'm sure others will be interested.

Every redemption adds 6 months to the end date of all unexpired miles, up to a maximum of 3 years from the date of purchase. So if yiu’ve any points about to expire, you can always use them to top up and extend the date, it’s probably the only useful thing about the 300 mile purchase

Similarly the expiry of referral points extends to 12 months from the day the last lot were credited.