Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recomended straps for towing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you only have D-rings on the outside edges of your deck then you probably want to strap down each of the wheels using a padded axle strap kit. Wheel baskets and other strap types need attachment points close to the tires. With the axle straps, just loop them through the spokes of each wheel. Also, do not cross strap. I've heard Macs is a good brand, but I'm sure you can also find padded axle straps for less on Amazon. It depends on how often you will use them and what quality you are targeting.

Reactions: UWGorilla
If you only have D-rings on the outside edges of your deck then you probably want to strap down each of the wheels using a padded axle strap kit. Wheel baskets and other strap types need attachment points close to the tires. With the axle straps, just loop them through the spokes of each wheel. Also, do not cross strap. I've heard Macs is a good brand, but I'm sure you can also find padded axle straps for less on Amazon. It depends on how often you will use them and what quality you are targeting.
I own a rim repair business and have repaired many wheels from people strapping wheels to a trailer d ring. My advice is use the over the tire trailer straps to avoid damaging the surface of your rims.