Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP - Black on Black - With Tow - No FSD
OD: 3/27

EDD 1: May 23 - June 22
EDD 2: June 5 - July 10
EDD 3: June 14 - July 12
EDD 4: June 17 - July 1
June 9: Received Trade-In phone call
EDD5: June 11: July 15 - August 19

Don’t let them evaluate your car for a trade until after you get your VIN! I got pushed to a new 5 week window and an entire month out before it starts. Checked another thread and someone in my area with the same EDDs and close to my order date got a VIN on 6/11. Coincidence maybe, but really odd.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Got my vin just now (6/11/22 11pm pst). Order of events to help gather some data for analysis.
Give or take a day:
CA Original order date 3/7/22 MYLR white, Gemini no add ons, EDD was Dec 22
6/5 EDD got pushed to March 23-june 23 (got pissed and annoyed)
6/6 YOLO and changed order to performance edd August 23-oct 23
6/7 EDD changed to June 16-june 30
6/11 got VIN edd June 14-18

What y'all make of this data? I'm an hour away from Fremont factory. That would mean from original order date of the LR to new EDD of P is only 90+ days wait.
Congrats on the VIN.

Your data makes sense to me. It seems like they treat a switched order as if it was your original order so prioritizing your order as a MYP order made on March 7th. March MYP orders are being fulfilled right now and 90 days seems to be the normal wait for MYP. This seems to be the case all over the forum. You being in CA and this being EOQ may also have helped the quick turnaround.

I'm curious if I do make the switch in July (still deciding;)) when it will be beginning of the next quarter and I'm in Canada if I will see as quick of a turnaround for my March 11th order.

I'm still stuck out at Mar'23-Jun'23....if Tesla doesn't give me a proper date range soon then I will be forced to make some sort of change to my order. I'm not waiting till Mar-Jun for a March order FFS.

Not sure if this is the right forum, do I need to buy a mobile charger separately? It was discontinued after my purchase.
I think they stopped coming with the cars because not many people were using them. They only charge the car with 4 miles of range per hour. Unless you also buy the adapter kit and use a higher amp outlet that you would most likely have to have installed also. In that case just buy the wall connector. It’s $200 more than the mobile charger and is more practical if you have a place to put it.

OD: 4/28

MYP Blue/black no tow no FSD

I have been sitting on a June 16-29 EDD for about 10 days

Woke up this morning and now pushed all the back to my original EDD of July 17 - Aug 21

Tesla had me do their financing paperwork and all that.

Does anyone know if I have to do my finance with them again after the 30 day window expires, do they pull a hard credit check again?

Woke up this morning and now pushed all the back to my original EDD of July 17 - Aug 21

Does anyone know if I have to do my finance with them again after the 30 day window expires, do they pull a hard credit check again?
They told me they changed it to 60 days even thought it still says 30. But when it expires yes new hard pull. The credit Bureau's say you can apply at as many places for a car loan as you want within a 10 day period and it only counts as one. Might be worth it to do some more if you're still in the range to extend out a bit.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Mark52479

Never pull financing until you have a vin. Simple as that.

Yup same with me.

I was 10 day window and now all the way to July 17- Aug 21
Seriously, people that ordered Long Range and switching to Performance should have delivery dates reset and as shown on the website as of current date. Which still has Performance deliveries in August to October (as of today). Bumping these people up to June deliveries and and pushing other Performance orders is insane. Some Performance orders, based on comments here had 2 week or less window and now being pushed further 1 and 1/2 months! That's crazy. Why punish the original Performance orders? The people that switched, an EDD of August to October is still WAY sooner than their original LR delivery of 2023!

Congrats on the VIN.

Your data makes sense to me. It seems like they treat a switched order as if it was your original order so prioritizing your order as a MYP order made on March 7th. March MYP orders are being fulfilled right now and 90 days seems to be the normal wait for MYP. This seems to be the case all over the forum. You being in CA and this being EOQ may also have helped the quick turnaround.

I'm curious if I do make the switch in July (still deciding;)) when it will be beginning of the next quarter and I'm in Canada if I will see as quick of a turnaround for my March 11th order.

I'm still stuck out at Mar'23-Jun'23....if Tesla doesn't give me a proper date range soon then I will be forced to make some sort of change to my order. I'm not waiting till Mar-Jun for a March order FFS.
Yeah if you switch to performance I would bet that your EDD gets much closer one way or another you'll definitely be getting it sooner
There was an article yesterday talking about how Tesla's sales numbers are going to be down so they're just trying to compensate for what's going on overseas with the lockdown. So they may try to maximize performance and FSD vehicles to boost the numbers. The suits upstairs probably want to make as much money as possible to make the numbers look good
The issue is, how long will they continue this methodology?

Reactions: Mark52479
Yeah if you switch to performance I would bet that your EDD gets much closer one way or another you'll definitely be getting it sooner
There was an article yesterday talking about how Tesla's sales numbers are going to be down so they're just trying to compensate for what's going on overseas with the lockdown. So they may try to maximize performance and FSD vehicles to boost the numbers. The suits upstairs probably want to make as much money as possible to make the numbers look good
The issue is, how long will they continue this methodology?
Over on The Y Subreddit I am seeing a bunch of MYP people also getting pushed back over a month this morning.

I wonder what happened?