Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receiving and replying to text messages with 2020.8.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that’s my issue....I do not get the reply button....I believe I had it before newest update......thank you
I noticed 2 things. They have fixed the phone/Bluetooth issue regarding connectivity. If you are on your cell and you get in the Tesla it does not transfer from your phone to the car until you sit in the drivers seat and close the door. Also, voice command has been improved so that recognizes the commands better. Other than that, I didn’t see anything else. These were to nice little fixes and adjustments.

Reactions: drklain
I have not yet installed the latest update (well, i tried but the update failed twice), but I am curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior when receiving and replying to text messages.
When I am using the Navigation and receive a text message, then I ask it read the message, after that, the next direction from the Nav system is spoken aloud even if I had the Nav voice turned off in settings. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times so i am sure of it. When i click on settings to turn off the Nav voice, it is already clicked off (as I thought it was), and I never hear it again. So it is as though the text feature turns on the Nav voice.

What i have not done is to test if it comes back on for the Nav if I receive another txt after checking the settings....seems like it would but I am not sure.