Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilding after my accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, he basically keyed his car by running into you...

Just looking at the pics, seems like the driver jerked the wheel to the left at the last second and struck the MS with the front quarter panel/passenger door. Someone earlier thought the M5 "ramped" over the front of the MS, rolled and broke the rear axle. Looks to me like he slid along the front of the MS and violently struck his right rear tire, which likely ripped apart his rear axle and "tossed his car" into a roll.

I'm judging this on the fact that the gouge on the side gets deeper right before the rear wheel well. Amazing the MS had so little visible damage

Just looking at the pics, seems like the driver jerked the wheel to the left at the last second and struck the MS with the front quarter panel/passenger door. Someone earlier thought the M5 "ramped" over the front of the MS, rolled and broke the rear axle. Looks to me like he slid along the front of the MS and violently struck his right rear tire, which likely ripped apart his rear axle and "tossed his car" into a roll.

I'm judging this on the fact that the gouge on the side gets deeper right before the rear wheel well. Amazing the MS had so little visible damage

This is pure speculation on my part. But if the Model S was going 10mph at the time of impact, that would be about 14 feet per second. If the M5 were going 60mph, that would be about 70 feet per second. So the actual time that the cars would be in contact would be about 0.2 seconds assuming the M5 is about 14 feet long. In that 0.2 seconds, the Tesla would travel forward 2.8 feet accounting for the gouge in the M5 getting deeper even if it were going straight.

Last edited: