Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really Really on the fence . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the taxes? do you pay for the car taxes when you go get the registration or fo they add it to the loan?
Not sure about taxes because my state doesn't have a sales tax. They loaned 100% of the configured price. I was asked who my employer was, but I don't know if they verified my income or not. I have immaculate credit and my house is paid off, though.

Hey all, been reading a lot lately at all the good and bad press. Just can't quite get the balls to pull the trigger.

Here is my situation, Not quite as willing to spend the big bucks as most of you are. I've been driving a Lexus GS350 for a while. For a $40k car it felt and drove great. Obviously the S is not quite as comfortable but with the next gen seats its getting close. I'm currently looking at making a move on a S60. I'm trying to keep costs low. I've read a couple threads on how to keep things down. From my perspective to spend $70,000 on a car it must absolutely do everything as advertised, or at least be able to do so sooner rather than later. For me that means, Summon on AP2 in a tight garage, EAP, FSD on the horizon. My commute is about 50 miles each way of which 45 of that is Interstate. I plan on using the hell out of EAP when it hits AP1 ability.

Anyway, I thought I was all but out when they ended free Super Charging for Jan 1, I know it's not a huge value but again to me I need EVERY thing I can get to justify the cost. Without the auto driving capability this feels like a $40,000 car to me at best. EV adds value to me as well as FSD. The question is, is it really worth the gamble? It would be one thing if there was a $10,000 discount right now for all of those taking the "leap of faith" that EAP and FSD will work at some point. But at the current cost we are paying the price as if its 100% for sure happening.

Basically what I'm getting to is: What is your gut feeling about Elon's ability to deliver? Do you guys really think FSD will happen soon? What are the odds that they release AP2, do some extensive testing, and the regulators say . . . 8 cameras? We'll approve if you add a 9th. Something that is not software related. Screw the $3,000 FSD upgrade, I'm driving a car that feels really OK, but not great and no longer has one of its major redeeming qualities. I work for a fellow Silicon Valley software company, I'm not used to press releases without 100% confidence on an impending release. Think hearing about the Iphone 8 with all the cool new features that you won't be able to get for another year at best.
I had a lexus for 8 years too loved the car. I;ll tell you even without EAP the car is worth it! Every day you discover little things about it you love. I got the EAP V1 upgrade ( see my other post) and love it even more - for a long commute just the TACC is priceless.

I spoke to Alliant yesterday and they wanted 2.99% on a 72 month loan. Bethpage Federal Credit Union is at 2.19% and then if you open a checking account with them that automatically withdraws the monthly payment, it's 1.94%! If anyone knows of a better rate for a 72 month used car loan, I am all ears!