Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

randomly veering and sometimes goes straight suspecting steering rack? but no code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, so my MY have been acting up, veering randomly even with or without autopilot on sometimes goes straight, i did 4 alignments thought it was an alignment issue. i’ve check all of suspension bolts and they are still tight nothing is loose.
so i entered service mode and check alignment offset everytime i check is different after drive. 0.1 to -0.5 to 0.4, -0.7 also did offset test says needing alignment.
now i’m looking at the steering torque bar sensors Primary and Secondary turn on then off is this normal? while monitoring i didn’t move steering at all and it’s centered, car is ready to drive but in Park ofc in service mode.
has anyone experience this?

Attachments

• IMG_3039.png
    IMG_3039.png
    659.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3038.png
    IMG_3038.png
    666.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3037.png
    IMG_3037.png
    656.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3036.png
    IMG_3036.png
    668.8 KB · Views: 10
Is this a newer car that shipped like this? Hope you've got a good relationship with the alignment shop... that's rough. $$$
it’s a 2022 bought it new, right now it’s at 30k miles and no mods. i work at a shop so doing alignment is not an issue im going to perform another alignment this weekend if not busy :(
if problem occurs again then i’m going to send it to tesla SC not that i don’t trust them it’s just taking my time, so far ive only checked front end suspension bolts and nuts

Upvote 0
just checked front lower suspension lower lateral and compliance bolts were loose torqued to 133ftlb 85ftlb gonna perform alignment later
Those bolts can back out or even be loose from the factory. If you drive your car hard, it would be a good idea to recheck them every now and then. How are the bushings in those arms looking?

Upvote 0