Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
puxoCji.jpg

Second random sighting, Sacramento CA, westbound I-80

Tesla Model X Sighting at the Tesla Service Center in Costa Mesa CA on March 25, 2016.

Went to pickup our wall connector in preparation for our Model X delivery next month. I was to eXcited and didn't take any pictures or capture any VIN's...Sorry

Footage from my Dashcam

Reactions: ggnykk
Poor photo, but I spotted this X at the Tejon Supercharger this afternoon/evening. On the SC front, skipped Gilroy, arrived at Harris Ranch at about 2:30 or so (50% occupancy), skipped Buttonwillow, charged at Tejon (4/6 stalls in use), and continued on to the AV. On the way up to San Jose earlier in the week, I was the only one at Buttonwillow, one of two cars at Harris, and one of three cars at Gilroy.

Attachments

• IMG_20160327_164809.jpg
    IMG_20160327_164809.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 135
Just a quick note. According to a comment I overheard a lot of the Test Mules we saw last year were not in fact being tested. They were just being driven by employees. Later they stopped allowing this to occur.

That could still be part of the test program. They need data from people driving the car like it would be in the real world. Giving beta test products to employees to take home and use normally is a good way to do this.

Reactions: Ulmo
I was at the Woodburn, Oregon supercharger on 3/18 and I saw Model X VIN #6, a sig red with Nevada plates. I met the owner of Sig 6 briefly, he was in a hurry, but really nice guy.

Oddly, I recalled that Elon Musk handed out keys to VIN holder 6 at the Model X launch. He was the dork that brought his "TSLA X" (California) custom license plate on stage with him. For someone so excited to receive his car, he sure did flip it pretty quickly. I wish I had put two and two together and asked the new owner how and when he acquired it. Actually, I wonder what kind of premium he paid for it too.

I guess I'll just have to keep wondering. But VIN #6 sure looked gorgeous.

I was at the Woodburn, Oregon supercharger on 3/18 and I saw Model X VIN #6, a sig red with Nevada plates. I met the owner of Sig 6 briefly, he was in a hurry, but really nice guy.

Oddly, I recalled that Elon Musk handed out keys to VIN holder 6 at the Model X launch. He was the dork that brought his "TSLA X" (California) custom license plate on stage with him. For someone so excited to receive his car, he sure did flip it pretty quickly. I wish I had put two and two together and asked the new owner how and when he acquired it. Actually, I wonder what kind of premium he paid for it too.

I guess I'll just have to keep wondering. But VIN #6 sure looked gorgeous.

At the X launch, those were Founders cars, not signature series. Different #6.

View attachment 169095

Seaside, California. He just loaded that rear Model S. Back 3 on top row are Model X, bottom row all Model S.

Seaside is really out of the way for this driver. My guess is he's headed to LA. I wonder via 101 or 152.
I am always amazed when I see these carriers. So oddly shaped. Seems they stuffed the cars in whatever place they could. Nothing against Tesla, just an observation on the odd shape of these trucks.

I am always amazed when I see these carriers. So oddly shaped. Seems they stuffed the cars in whatever place they could. Nothing against Tesla, just an observation on the odd shape of these trucks.

Yes... but oddly shaped/adjustable to meet the vehicle cargo. All the platforms are hydraulic and adjust to the vehicles being carried. So they can accommodate vehicles a differing lengths and heights by using angles and adjusting the individual ramps.

Two today in Pasadena. One white X at the end of the 110 and a grey one on Colorado Boulevard. I was just asking my wife if she'd seen the first one (she had been sleeping and missed it) when the second drove by.

My kids also counted 18 Model S as we drove around the Pasadena/Santa Monica/LAX area today.

Still haven't seen my first Model X "in the wild" in Atlanta. (Saw several at the Meet Model X event last week.) My neighbor saw one with AL tag a few weeks ago, though. Meanwhile, I can't drive 1/2 mile to the grocery without passing a Model S, often several. Wonder how long it will take for the X to become a common sight in my neck of the woods (Midtown & Buckhead ATL)? With the S, it seemed like a rarity to see them 2 years ago when my husband was taking delivery of his, but now they are everywhere...