Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431748544.116690.jpg

Can your tesla tow this ?

Seriously, you're outgunned here. Not sure why it matters to you. Can't be that you consider yourself a patriot ... American product, company has created thousands of new jobs for Americans, doesn't use imported foreign oil. So... hmmm. What exactly is your fear?

No, really it doesn't. Most people don't drive more than 50 miles or so per day. My Roadster gets 245 miles in range, the Model S much more. We wake up with a full tank every morning.

You're on the wrong forum if you want to make a big deal about range. (And what exactly do you think you're right about? Wasn't aware this was an either/or situation. Why can't different forms of vehicles exist? Why do you care?)

When something goes wrong on your tesla (matter of time) who will fix it ? Not you the ripoff at your dealer charging you 5x the actual cost of the part also your car cost when I can buy my own parts install and save money. Also your car cost what 95-100k mines half that and will last 10x as long why do you think electric cars haven't taken off the pros 1.good mileage 2.make you think your saving the wild baboons in Africa and the cons 1.expensive 2.short range 3. Harder to find a "gas" station 4.life span when your motor goes it's done that's 15k when my motor gets ready for rebuild its 3000 and ready for another 300,000+ miles. 5. Because they are just not practical for the working American you have no cargo space or fuel economy

The cons outweigh the pros substantially

Well that's us. All of us. We all drive 'Merican.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

When something goes wrong on your tesla (matter of time) who will fix it ? Not you the ripoff at your dealer charging you 5x the actual cost of the part also your car cost when I can buy my own parts install and save money. Also your car cost what 95-100k mines half that and will last 10x as long why do you think electric cars haven't taken off the pros 1.good mileage 2.make you think your saving the wild baboons in Africa and the cons 1.expensive 2.short range 3. Harder to find a "gas" station 4.life span when your motor goes it's done that's 15k when my motor gets ready for rebuild its 3000 and ready for another 300,000+ miles. 5. Because they are just not practical for the working American you have no cargo space or fuel economy

You're awfully young, aren't you?

Oh, just assumed you were because of your focus on the price and general attitude. I bought the car (with money I earned as a working American, btw) because it's amazing to drive.

Clearly different people need different things from a vehicle. I'm not hauling trailers or driving 600 miles/day on a regular basis. But that doesn't mean I feel the need to force everyone else to drive the same thing I do. Yet you seem bothered that people don't do as you do ...

I don't see why it has to be an either-or scenario. For the time being, diesels make the most sense for heavy hauling, but you can bet in time someone (Tesla, or someone else) will build an electric truck that can haul a load. The acid test is the Davis Dam grade in Arizona. In fact, it's part of the SAE J2807 protocol.

The specific criteria are:

1) For any given trailer weight, the tow vehicle needs to accelerate to 30 mph in 12 seconds or less, to 60 in 30 seconds or less, and from 40 to 60 mph over level ground in no more than 18 seconds. Dualies are allowed extra time to meet these requirements.

2) Tow vehicles need to climb the Davis Dam Grade (or an equivalent simulation) - a 3,000-ft run over an 11.4 mile stretch of Arizona State Route 68 southeast of Las Vegas - without dropping below 40 mph and with the air conditioning on full blast. Dualies are allowed a 35-mph minimum speed.

3) On a 12-percent grade, (an incline that rises 12 ft for every 100 ft of horizontal distance), the tow vehicle must be able to move 16 ft from a standstill five times within five minutes, in an uphill direction, in both forward and reverse.

4) Vehicles with a GVWR of less than 8,500 lb carry a 150-lb driver and a 150-lb passenger. Vehicles above 8,500 lb add an extra 100 lb of equipment. If driver is heavier than 150 lb, deduct extra weight from maximum towing figure.

Tesla engineering team in charge of developing a truck, consider than gauntlet thrown. :smile:

Speaking about pros and cons look what could be the consequences of the Climate Change/Global Warming issue:

Last Hours - YouTube

Are you interested to have details about the sixth extinction?

NigelM said:
AnxietyRanger said:
For those unaware,......
Not sure why you keep wanting to rehash this? If you mean this:
AnxietyRanger said:
My approach, for example, has been to try and mend fences, build bridges.....
:rolleyes:

Silence builds absolutely no bridges. Also, it was a response to bonnie, which you knew of course. There was a point in my message, I think. A concliatory one too.

Anyway, now that we are philosophical and waiting for those new Model X sightings to pick apart, some musings on the hardness of text. :)

I would be glad to build bridges with anyone there has been disagreement with. Text is hard when responses are often curt and thus fail to acknowledge much of what is being said. Text is easy to misunderstand and ignore. With text, it is hard to know how much is understood, agreed with, because often all one sees is often silence or the argument parts.

For example, the last I heard of Johan was recently when he came out calling me crazy (after having ignored me month or two ago). That surprised me a lot. In my view he misunderstood me, but my explanation was met with silence again. Previous to that my communication with him had been a very conciliatory and, I think, nice PM, which he didn't respond to. It is hard to say what to think about that, did the olive branch work and he just hated my Model X postings, or what was it. I have no idea because: silence.

You and I have discussed that in the past as well. It is hard to hold a text conversation sometimes, when the parties of that conversation are so far apart in their style and length - no matter how close their actual views might be. For example, looking back at our messaging history, I often write at length, while you pick small quotes and leave rest be. You and I too have such an out of sync going on. I doubt either of us understands each other quite correctly.

Communal beer would be easier, that was the point. I'm sure TMC - as much of Internet - is full of good people, all the mentioned included, that would get along far better in real life. :) So, seriously, all the best. I mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.