Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh - Spokane round trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just returned from a 5,880 mile, nine-day (travel time) round-trip from Raleigh to Spokane. We were concerned about the number of available supercharger spots on 90 going west as it was Labor Day weekend and many of the sites were 150 kW and 4 stalls, but this wasn’t a problem at all. The ABRP maps below show our route (mostly 90 westward & 84, 80, 64, 40 eastward), though we skipped some superchargers and added some others.

The weather was perfect and the country beautiful. Our M3 LR performed flawlessly, though I was sad Autopilot wouldn’t go above 85 when the speed limit was 80. We averaged 315 miles per kWh due to the terrain and speed. We’d totally do it again.
IMG_5771.jpeg

IMG_0560.png
Going west.

IMG_0571.png
Going east.

IMG_5828.jpeg
Lots of this in SD, WY, MT, CO, & KS.

IMG_5771.jpeg
Miles of this coming & going.

IMG_5691.jpeg
Supercharging near the Snake River in Twin Falls, ID.

We just returned from a 5,880 mile, nine-day (travel time) round-trip from Raleigh to Spokane. We were concerned about the number of available supercharger spots on 90 going west as it was Labor Day weekend and many of the sites were 150 kW and 4 stalls, but this wasn’t a problem at all. The ABRP maps below show our route (mostly 90 westward & 84, 80, 64, 40 eastward), though we skipped some superchargers and added some others.

The weather was perfect and the country beautiful. Our M3 LR performed flawlessly, though I was sad Autopilot wouldn’t go above 85 when the speed limit was 80. We averaged 315 miles per kWh due to the terrain and speed. We’d totally do it again. View attachment 974564

View attachment 974556
Going west.

View attachment 974558
Going east.

View attachment 974563
Lots of this in SD, WY, MT, CO, & KS.

View attachment 974564
Miles of this coming & going.

View attachment 974565
Supercharging near the Snake River in Twin Falls, ID.
awesome write up.. As for auto piolet not going over 85mph , its because the car doesn't know how to slow down for bends on the freeway. Its a safety issue. i wish my LR goes faster the 135mph🤣