Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Audio level as a Function of Speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am constantly adjusting the radio audio level as a function of speed. Does anyone else do this?

There should be a menu option to add an automatic audio level increase as speed increases. The feature should be variable to account for different cabin noise levels with different tires, ear sensitivities, etc.

Reactions: groovyd
I think they calibrated the speed sensitive volume against a super-quiet Model 3. Not a normal production model.

In between songs, couldn't the Tesla take interior sound level readings and use them to build a custom speed-sensitive volume curve?

Supposedly they added speed sensitive volume back in January. However my experience has been that if it's there, it's not working right or at all - I can't detect any difference in volume when entering or exiting a highway - I still have to adjust the volume manually to compensate for the road noise.

Reactions: Eno Deb and fiatlux
It seems like the latest update (nav on autopilot) is where I first noticed volume change while driving. Doesn’t work quite right but it is better than having to deal with it. Sometimes it seems to get too quiet.

It seems like the latest update (nav on autopilot) is where I first noticed volume change while driving. Doesn’t work quite right but it is better than having to deal with it. Sometimes it seems to get too quiet.

I have noticed over time it seems to gradually lower the volume to where I have to turn it up again. It also seems to reset the volume whenever the car sleeps, but randomly. sometimes i get in the car its full on, sometimes it is very low.

on the topic of audio does anyone have recommended sub pack for the trunk to boost the bump a little? eq on the bass just causes distortion where i want a little thump in the chest. is it easy to upgrade a sub?

Try flattening out the EQ and turning up the volume - it's capable of of more than just "a little thump in the chest", depending on your source audio. Yes, turning up the EQ, especially that bottom fader, will add some distortion, and can even blow out speakers, but if you provide the amp with a clean signal it really works well.

Try flattening out the EQ and turning up the volume - it's capable of of more than just "a little thump in the chest", depending on your source audio. Yes, turning up the EQ, especially that bottom fader, will add some distortion, and can even blow out speakers, but if you provide the amp with a clean signal it really works well.

Yeah it doesn't sound bad flat but it appears to need a +1.0 nudge in the midbass to give a flat response. but what i am talking about is the real lows, the 12" woofer punching sub-audibles. freqs under 40hz it doesn't seem to deliver. what is the configuration and sizes of all the oem drivers?