Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on Tesla app with Second system installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a second Tesla 8.0kw installed with 2 powerwalls. The first Tesla system was 8.6kw with no Powerwalls. How do I see what the new system produces?

I have attached the two pictures that show the first system and the new Powerwalls. Today was the first day of full Sun no clouds and the first system showed about 36 kWh produced which matches my highest production when compared to January 2022. So I don’t think that system one shows the total production of both systems. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2F7E9680-9F77-4F0B-8EFF-02FC9455D814.png
    2F7E9680-9F77-4F0B-8EFF-02FC9455D814.png
    507.4 KB · Views: 102
  • C84F062C-ED02-46DD-9166-55090C665A38.png
    C84F062C-ED02-46DD-9166-55090C665A38.png
    544.6 KB · Views: 52
I just had a second Tesla 8.0kw installed with 2 powerwalls. The first Tesla system was 8.6kw with no Powerwalls. How do I see what the new system produces?

I have attached the two pictures that show the first system and the new Powerwalls. Today was the first day of full Sun no clouds and the first system showed about 36 kWh produced which matches my highest production when compared to January 2022. So I don’t think that system one shows the total production of both systems. Thanks.
Did they do a second gateway? If so, you swipe across screen

The default that Tesla does is combine the system into one tile. I have been unsuccessful in getting them to split my install that added to another powerwall and a new PV system.

Interestingly enough, my first Tesla energy product was a PV system only (originally SolarCity). When I installed Powerwalls in 2018 I got a new tile showed the Powerwall plus the total output of my existing PV systems (the Tesla/SolarCity plus another one that I owned). The Powerwall and new PV system (with Tesla Solar Inverter) in 2020 was simply added to my existing system.

If you are lucky, you will keep the tab for your original solar tab and then the one with Powerwall will have the aggregate of your PV systems. You can do simple arithmetic to compute the output of your second system (subtract the output of your first system).

Have you received permission to operate (PTO)? Sometimes Tesla configurations are weird before that happens. It might have been more interesting if you show us the graph for a full day or the instantaneous output of both cards during the day.