Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Incentive ($1000) for 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the Federal Government Alternative fuel website: Consumers who purchase qualified residential fueling equipment between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2032, may receive a tax credit of up to $1,000.

Since this was part of IRA bill, does anyone know if the Income limits apply to this incentive as well? Planning to install Tesla Connector shortly and wanted to see if I can apply for this incentive for our 2023 tax returns?

Also, can we include a mobile connector too? Or does it need to be a wall/hardwired connector only?

As per the Federal Government Alternative fuel website: Consumers who purchase qualified residential fueling equipment between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2032, may receive a tax credit of up to $1,000.

Since this was part of IRA bill, does anyone know if the Income limits apply to this incentive as well? Planning to install Tesla Connector shortly and wanted to see if I can apply for this incentive for our 2023 tax returns?

Also, can we include a mobile connector too? Or does it need to be a wall/hardwired connector only?
Asked me Tax professional to use this for residential EV charger install. He said IRS has NOT updated the form 8911 guidelines yet. He feels that $1000 credit should apply to all residential properties. But he said he would wait until the guidelines are published somewhere in Feb/Mar timeframe.

Reactions: gr2020