Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about interior heating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How fast can the front & rear windows clear themselves of frost & ice?

I hate scraping the ice off my car after being stuck late in the office this time of year and waiting for the inside of the car to become tolerable.
Cannot wait til I can click a button on my phone and get the car warming up :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all thermostats use standardized (mandated) signaling to the A/C-furnace-heat pump. If that's the case, there's no reason you couldn't have a different thermostat installed with whatever additional features (assuming someone makes one with what you want in it - in the extreme case you could hook a computer up and code it I suppose.)
Walter

Most thermostats are like light switches, they send a signal but have no idea what is happening at the other end.

True communicating systems, like Carrier Infinity, everything communicates with everything else. Its like comparing a ford pinto to a tesla. Both are cars. But that's where the similarities end.

Sure a regular thermostat can run an infinity furnace, but you've castrated the system and spent Tesla money to end up with a pinto.