Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project: Additonal Cup Holder For Driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is dismal that people even need to think of these ideas in a $100k car. Tesla need to make a big effort to improve the interior and meet at least a minimum standard befitting the price of the car.

I was thinking the eaxct same thing. Why would this even be necessary. It's such a small and easy thing for the manufacturer to do but it is these small things that can annoy people a lot.

> It's such a small and easy thing for the manufacturer to do [matbl]

Yes, but as we see here everyone has their own preferred type and location which they prefer to the TM offering (which is great for eyeglasses, thank you TM for allowing the dual access!). If TM gave everyone extra stuff, we'd just have to rip most of it out.

Still champion is the '01 Chevy Malibu cupholder located on far LEFT of dash. For driver's use only! [95? - 05? Malibu].
--

I'm going to build a custom center console and I'm trying to get the measurement of the audi cup holder to see if it will work... The china manufacture can't seem to send me the measurements can you send them to me... L- W-D and how deep is the cup holder when opened... I would really appreciate this

Here's another approach: used Jesse's bamboo yacht floor, modified with felt wicking in place of rubber tubing... also added nautical stainless cup holders. For me, this is perfect position, and my armrests are now just armrests. Doesn't look like any other automotive cup holders, but I guess the Tesla is like no other car!?!?!?! My next project in quest for better storage is 3D print a couple of extra shelves to fit under single shelf at front. That area sort of disappears, so is good for storage of small items without cluttering up look. If/when I get it done I will post.

photo-29.JPG

Wow cool - I have Jesse's bamboo floor - can you let me know where you got the cup holders and how you installed them
Search for this on eBay.

APF Marine Stainless Steel Beverage Cup Holder Duo

comes with or without base. You want without base for $24.99 plus shipping. You have to drill 2 holes in bamboo: one for threaded stud, other for stabilizing bar. I also countersunk back so bolt would not stick out. Obvious once you get it. When you've bolted it on, you have to hacksaw off remaining stud. Whole thing took about 20 min. Took longer to decide exactly where to position. If you want more precise info PM me.

20150613_214203s.jpg
20150613_214137s.jpg

I just made this using two E82 1-series cup holders and pieces of plywood wrapped with leather.
I probably made the wooden base too big. Next time I will probably raise the base 2 inches or so.
Velclo'd to the yaucut floor. Will drive around tomorrow to see if it will hold with Boba and coffee.

Can those E82 cup holders be mounted cleanly to the side of the yacht floor or possibly to the left or right of the screen?

You'd have to 3d print something, or use bunch of velcro. I took apert the bmw cup holders to make them workable. I basically was looking for some flat surface, in this case the yacht floor to hold the cup holder in place.

The E82 cup holders match the style of model s interior in my opinion