Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah, so we still end up getting our Roadsters within a week of each other, just flipped around. Hopefully it'll be sunny on the day you pick it up!

Yes! The number ordering is a little wonky these days but we are still pretty much at the same time. I am trying to see if I can pick it up on Tuesday night - but Wednesday at the latest. I assume you picked yours up yesterday? Pictures, man!

Anyone else with a missing hardtop?

Its been two months since I picked up my roadster, but it came without the hardtop that was part of the options package. At the time I picked up my roadster, Tesla folks told me, almost as an after thought "oh, we forgot to tell you, but your hard top didn't arrive ... should be here soon. We'll let you know."

Well, two months later and counting, the good folks at Tesla still can't even give me an estimate on when I'll get my hardtop. Are there more people in this state or am I SOL somehow?

Are there more people in this state or am I SOL somehow?

I'm also still waiting on my hard top. I've also had my Roadster a couple of months. I checked with Tesla about a month ago, and they couldn't give me an ETA on it then. This is the reply I got:

I wish that I could say I had a definitive answer about when your hardtop would be ready to be shipped to you, but I unfortunately do not. We have several of these tops in our possession here in Menlo Park, but they are still undergoing quality and fitment checks before they are to be released. I am also fairly certain that they are painting them in batches of each color, so yellow may be a bit farther down the list than most because it is such a unique color choice amongst our customers. I will do my best to keep you posted, and hopefully will have a hardtop to deliver to you in the very near future.

The reponse offered enough of an explanation to satisfy me, but I'll be checking with them again soon for a status update. I've learned to be patient with Tesla. I get quick responses to my email inquiries, and I've met and talked to the people there enough to know that they working hard and are doing their best to please their customers.

Very Nice!, Thanks!
3506354610_5803595422_b.jpg

So I hate to be a pest but since I live in Ohio if someone happens to see #350 it would be amazing if they could get a shot of it....She is Very Orange with a Saddle w/ black accent interior.

Pics would be greatly appreciated.

~Neal

Congratulations Graham, please give us reports, good and bad. I guess you could afford it!

Just barely! :smile:

Reports are very good so far!

Drafting seems to save an enormous amount of range -- and thus far there is always a Suburban going in the direction I want to go!
The new seats are much more comfortable than the old ones.
The radio is crap, but I can live with that until it gets replaced.
The people at Tesla have been really awesome to deal with.