Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with My Tesla and My Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created a My Tesla account and put my name on the list for a Model 3. I received an email and can see my reservation information etc.

The excitement was killing me and was poking around looking at previous owned Model S vehicles. I ran across a dealer here in ATL that sells high end exotics who had a 2014 with 11k miles. I took it for a spin, check it our and purchased the car a few days later.

Since then (early April), I have been trying to get Tesla to transfer ownership to me so I can use the My Tesla site and the application on my Android phone. I provided all the requisite copies of the registration, driver license, insurance etc. I also had the major service done to the car as well.

Here we are two plus weeks later and it still is not reflected in My Tesla and the application does not open telling me there are no vehicle linked to this My Tesla account. The folks in support are telling me that everything as switched over a day or so ago and that I should have received and email and the vehicle should be visible in My Tesla and in the app. Nothing.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong or perhaps there is something with my having a Model 3 reservation and setup an account before I purchased the Model 3. Anyone else have issues getting their vehicle linked to their My Tesla account?

Mark