Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems buying a used Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every manufacturer can have issues... What matters is how often and what their general policy is.

Since Tesla stopped refurbing cars and just handing them over in whatever state they arrived in, things have gone down hill. I don't even understand why they do it - in the UK when you come to the end of your finance deal or sell the car back to them they deduct the cost of fixing and cleaning it.

Every manufacturer can have issues... What matters is how often and what their general policy is.

Since Tesla stopped refurbing cars and just handing them over in whatever state they arrived in, things have gone down hill. I don't even understand why they do it - in the UK when you come to the end of your finance deal or sell the car back to them they deduct the cost of fixing and cleaning it.

CPO is a way to add profit margin to a price so you can't shop compared to a private party sale. Nothing more. Whether Tesla, Porsche or whoever. Some add an extended warranty, but you can often buy a better aftermarket warranty from companies like Fidelity for less.

I just bought a used X P90 from Carmax w/ 14k miles for $83,999 and it's like new. Love it.

I'm not buying a warranty on this car. On my Porsche 911 GTS you bet I got a warranty. Which begs a question does anyone buy warrantees from companies like Fidelity on their Tesla?