Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Device?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out a way to have the car reliably recognize the correct driver profile when you enter the car? My wife and I share our car and I am about 7" taller than she. If she was the last to drive the car and I get in (by myself), the car will often go from "Easy Entry" to her profile instead of mine. This is not good for my knees and now with V11 I have to go through two screens to stop the seat from moving forward. When we are riding together and I am driving and we get back into the car after a stop it will sometimes go to her profile as well!! - even though I was the last to drive, the first to get back in the car and my phone is set as the "priority device." This is clearly one of my top frustrations with the car.

I could be wrong about this but if your wife's phone is connected to the car via BT, the priority device setting won't disconnect her phone. The priority device setting only works if no phone is connected to the car and two are nearby. Then the car picks the priority device.

I've noticed that my MY will sometimes connect with my phone even though I am sitting in my living room some 15 m away from the car (which is outside). BT range can sometimes exceed the specifications if the ambient conditions are favorable. Since I have a Pixel 6 Pro that can connect to two BT devices simultaneously, I've never worried about it.

Basically, you should check your wife's phone to see if it's connecting to the car at distance. The only permanent solution🥺 is for your wife to leave BT off on her phone unless she needs it.