Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price just dropped for FSD in my account to $2600 from $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, okay. The price went back to 6600CAD for those bought EAP , and 9000CAD for those bought AP. Now I believe that they will give HW3 for free for FSD buyers.
I will wait until it's actually working even if $2,600 sounded tempting, but even then, not a chance for $6,600. I'm guessing when they are looking to boost their coffers, there will another sale on FSD down the road. No rush, since I doubt it will be working in Canada on launch in any case much like summon or Navigation on Autopilot.

HW3 was my primary reason for "prepaying" and upgrading to FSD now too. Might as well use some of the rebate while I have the available funds now and it's at a reasonable level, lol. It might not come so easy when Tesla actually has something of note to show for FSD.

At the very least, it gets me on the upgrade list and will enable them to unleash full resolution and full frames on all cameras, and will make even EAP operate MUCH better as a result, with the side effect being that things like DashCam and Sentry Mode would also be better quality instead of the stripped down (read: garbage) quality available now :rolleyes:. Elon Musk pretty much said in the ARK Invest interview that they are using software tricks to make EAP usable using the current hardware and that per their current tests, HW3 is handling everything at full and still hadn't "tapped out". Take from that what you will....

Right now, I'm just seeing 'NAV on AP in the city' and reading street signs and stop lights as bonus :).

I will wait until it's actually working even if $2,600 sounded tempting, but even then, not a chance for $6,600. I'm guessing when they are looking to boost their coffers, there will another sale on FSD down the road. No rush, since I doubt it will be working in Canada on launch in any case much like summon or Navigation on Autopilot.

HW3 was my primary reason for "prepaying" and upgrading to FSD now too. Might as well use some of the rebate while I have the available funds now and it's at a reasonable level, lol. It might not come so easy when Tesla actually has something of note to show for FSD.

At the very least, it gets me on the upgrade list and will enable them to unleash full resolution and full frames on all cameras, and will make even EAP operate MUCH better as a result, with the side effect being that things like DashCam and Sentry Mode would also be better quality instead of the stripped down (read: garbage) quality available now :rolleyes:. Elon Musk pretty much said in the ARK Invest interview that they are using software tricks to make EAP usable using the current hardware and that per their current tests, HW3 is handling everything at full and still hadn't "tapped out". Take from that what you will....

Right now, I'm just seeing 'NAV on AP in the city' and reading street signs and stop lights as bonus :).

Yes, major reason that I put 2600+tax is because of HW3. Current EAP features will be much better with HW3. God knows when FSD will be available in Canada, and I never bet on that.

Reactions: obryan20
Hi Guys!

I just put an order for Model 3 and I have an option for Autopilot for $4,000 but I see it's discounted to $2,600 if I buy it later. My car should be delivered this week. Is the promo still available?
Would it be a good idea to go without autopilot now and buy it next week. The sales person told me the promo was ended on last Wednesday, is it true?

Hi Guys!

I just put an order for Model 3 and I have an option for Autopilot for $4,000 but I see it's discounted to $2,600 if I buy it later. My car should be delivered this week. Is the promo still available?
Would it be a good idea to go without autopilot now and buy it next week. The sales person told me the promo was ended on last Wednesday, is it true?

Nope. It's back to full price again.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Is there some certainty that upgrading a vehicle running HW2.0 with EAP to FSD will also enable the dash cam and sentry mode? In other words, do these features rely solely on the chip or would other parts of the computer also need to be upgraded? Most folks are saying that only the chip gets changed (eventually) with the purchase of FSD.

Is there some certainty that upgrading a vehicle running HW2.0 with EAP to FSD will also enable the dash cam and sentry mode? In other words, do these features rely solely on the chip or would other parts of the computer also need to be upgraded? Most folks are saying that only the chip gets changed (eventually) with the purchase of FSD.
I do not think so as I just received both options with no FSD and a year old Model 3

You need HW2.5+ for those features. Definitely need it for dashcam.

No. You will need the upgrade to Hardware 3 in order to obtain these features, per the information we currently have.

If they somehow surprise everyone and release these features for HW2.0....that would be great. But it's currently not on anyone's radar that the public is aware of.
Sorry for being slow on understanding this... so FSD V.3 chip is different than HW3.0?

Sorry for being slow on understanding this... so FSD V.3 chip is different than HW3.0?
There's two main computer components in a Tesla: MCU (Media Control Unit) and AP Unit (Autopilot Computer). All references to "HW2.5/HW3" or "AP v2.5/v3.0" refer to the AP unit. As far as any public knowledge is concerned, the MCU is not slated to be upgraded because of increased FSD functionality.

• Informative
Reactions: Forty Creek
Those are the same.

Right now we are on HW2.5 (as of cars built around August 2017+). If you bought the FSD features, you are supposed to get a free upgrade to the 3.0 hardware.

What year is your car that you are inquiring about?
I should update my signature. I purchased a Model X in the summer of 2017.... just before 2.5 arrived. I bought EAP with the new car. Last week, I purchased FSD. I had some hope that the upgrade might give me the dash cam function... but unfortunately.... this does not seem to be the case.

I should update my signature. I purchased a Model X in the summer of 2017.... just before 2.5 arrived. I bought EAP with the new car. Last week, I purchased FSD. I had some hope that the upgrade might give me the dash cam function... but unfortunately.... this does not seem to be the case.

You'll likely be receiving the HW3.0 upgrade first as a X owner. A new Model X rolled off the line with HW3.0 according to a recent article on Teslarati.

Reactions: Forty Creek
You are right, once you are updated to HW3. You will get dashcam and sentry mode for your car.