Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They just changed the EPA rating. The key to unlocking the extra miles is your foot.

But if that is true, they would have to have a software update that reflects 291 miles at a full charge.. right now I get 270ish at a full charge. At least according to the computer/software.. just curious if they will push out an update that adjusts the numbers and their fuzzy math to reflect the new rating at a full charge.

But if that is true, they would have to have a software update that reflects 291 miles at a full charge.. right now I get 270ish at a full charge. At least according to the computer/software.. just curious if they will push out an update that adjusts the numbers and their fuzzy math to reflect the new rating at a full charge.
I would expect they would adjust the calculation via software but nothing is required to achieve the range outside of adjusting your foot.

Reactions: Zer0t
I was supposed to pick up my MY on 7/14, then today i got a call to come and pick it up today. I was out for the weekend so i said i cannot come to pick it up. Then they email me to send the money electronically. I told them i am not at home so i cannot. Now i know why they were pushing to get the money. Once they get the money, i am almost powerless.
I came back home and emailed them that there is a price drop, so I am not going to pay the old price. I am willing to wait , or cancel. Haven't heard back from them yet. Any advice on what are my options??

I was supposed to pick up my MY on 7/14, then today i got a call to come and pick it up today. I was out for the weekend so i said i cannot come to pick it up. Then they email me to send the money electronically. I told them i am not at home so i cannot. Now i know why they were pushing to get the money. Once they get the money, i am almost powerless.
I came back home and emailed them that there is a price drop, so I am not going to pay the old price. I am willing to wait , or cancel. Haven't heard back from them yet. Any advice on what are my options??
Your option is to wait. They will make the adjustment for you.

I had this situation with my 3 last year when the price dropped after I picked up, but within the return window.

I had to do a full return and reorder and getting my money back took several (6) weeks. I wouldn’t assume they will credit you if you’ve already taken delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Picked mine up on Thursday. Will call to see if I can get an adjustment as I’m still within the 7 day window.

I am in the 14 day window and SOL. Here is what I missed by not waiting and ordering later.

1. 1000 Miles Supercharging Referral
2. 2.49% Financing (This was lowered from 2.99% several weeks ago)
3. Model Y price drop. I got the PUP and would have saved $1000.

Now that Tesla has already taken my money, my Tesla Advisor does not treat me well as he did when my Y was on order.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and sherlockw
I honestly don't care.
There is a limit for everyone as to when they wouldn't care either.
For some it would be 3 months, for other a year, for some one week. I bought the car knowing what I was paying, and accepted that price for the car I knew I was buying. If someone else is going to get it for cheaper than I did, it doesn't change my personal equation at all. I'm in the 7 day return period but will not even consider returning it, and imagining having to wait again and play this game about checking the VIN, for me, is unbearable. I am happy with the price I paid and the car I got and glad that other people now can get it and be happy with their price.
FWIW, I would only save 1K based on my reservation price and current price in CDN dollars.

I figure this price change is simply to take the wind out of the forthcoming Ford Mach E release. A Mach E Premium AWD with the biggest battery (270 mi range) lists at 57,700 (plus 1,100 destination, but before the 7,500 tax credit). Nobody is going to choose a Mach E over a Y when the actual price difference is only a few hundred bucks. Elon just killed the Mach E before it hit the market.

Reactions: azjohn
I am in the 14 day window and SOL. Here is what I missed by not waiting and ordering later.

1. 1000 Miles Supercharging Referral
2. 2.49% Financing (This was lowered from 2.99% several weeks ago)
3. Model Y price drop. I got the PUP and would have saved $1000.

Now that Tesla has already taken my money, my Tesla Advisor does not treat me well as he did when my Y was on order.
I'm with you on this. Same situation and my advisor asked me after my initial order if I wanted to add a referral link. Then he said never mind they don't do it on the Y's yet.
Now he said it's not possible to add it

I doubt he will adjust pricd drop now 2 weeks after delivery..

I'm with you on this. Same situation and my advisor asked me after my initial order if I wanted to add a referral link. Then he said never mind they don't do it on the Y's yet.
Now he said it's not possible to add it

I doubt he will adjust pricd drop now 2 weeks after delivery..

Correct. I stated in my earlier post that my advisor cannot provide any adjustment passed the 7 day window.

Well, my situation was a double edged sword because I took delivery and discovered 19 defected issues. The Service Center promised me that they would fix all of them but scheduled my appointment to be on July 20th. My original plan was to return the vehicle within the 7 day window and get a full refund. I ended up keeping it.

So far, the Y has been sitting in my garage for two weeks with 19 miles on the odometer. I do not want to drive it unless it has paint protection film and ceramic coating. In this situation, you snooze, you win.

I picked mine up,Thursday can I ask for 3 grand or just threaten to return it? Is the 280 to 291 just a software release?
Same here. Took delivery Thursday. I feel like if you haven't taken delivery or are within the 7 day grace, they should honor the price decrease. This bites. Really contemplating returning it. It was no perfect vehicle by any means.
Although i did order Tesla solar right after the price drop and increase in capacity. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Reactions: Zer0t
This is ridiculous, with all the early manufacturing issues and price drop after 3 weeks of delivery, I will never, never, nerved to buy any Tesla new models in the first year in the future!!!

yes, no manufacturers will give you refund after price drop, but also there are no other manufacturers drop MSRP only after 3 months of the release.

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude